Looking for Night Shift buddies

Options
I'm an empty nester, over 50, and have worked night shift in a busy hospital (11p - 7a) for about 10 years. Night shifters have a whole different set of issues when it comes to weight loss, so I'm looking for people who understand where I'm at, and why this is so hard.

When is the best time to exercise? When I leave work in the morning, when all I want is my pillow and a dark room? When I wake up, when I feel like a zombie? In the evening, when I should be spending some time with my husband?

Then there is the whole food logging issues... Do I count calories on a 24 hour schedule, or on my "work day" schedule?

Mostly, I'd just like to find some fellow night shifters to help each other out. Motivation and Support. Anyone out there?

Replies

• Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    True!
  • Amzyy92
    Amzyy92 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter, kinda lol I work 7p-3am. I usually work out mid day (when I wake up). I'm the same as you after work, all I want is a nice shower and bed. We can motivate each other!
  • Mommin75Hard
    Mommin75Hard Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work 2nd shift 3:30-midnight. While this is a bit different than you, I log on a work schedule. I get up and log breakfast (1pm), log lunch at work (8pm), and the dinner when I get home ( 2:30am). I work out after work from 12:30am to about 1:45am. Finally around 4ish, I go to bed. It works for me.
  • Dynam1ght
    Dynam1ght Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I worked 7p-730a for 15 years it's rough
  • Annede02
    Annede02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also work a NOC shift 11pm-7am and i get off work and it just depends how i feel if I'm gonna go to bed or to the gym after work. But on days i go to bed instead I try to go to the gym later. I have a gym thats 24 hours and as long as i get to it at least twice a week minimum I feel okay. As for food logs, I have a breakfast when I wake up, a lunch and a dinner. I just log my food as I eat it doesn't matter the times you know what your meals are so log them as such. Good luck and i hope this helps. You can add me if you like. My issue is i need motivation to start and keep going. I workout until i see my results and then slack off till I'm no longer working out and then need motivation to start again!