Possibly stupid question

Options
If I have a day when I go way over my calorie goal (almost 1,000 over), can I go very light for the next few days to make up for it?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I personally justgo back to my normal cal goal the next day
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can, but don't over-restrict as that could lead to feeling deprived. Personally, I lost the bulk of my weight eating very lightly during the week and much greater amounts on the weekend. It suited my lifestyle.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Many users monitor weekly Net Calories on the mobile app at Menu > Nutrition > Calories > Week View. That will provide a daily Net Average for either the last seven days, or you can set the week to start on a particular day.
  • tdmarion40
    tdmarion40 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit over the next 1-2 days and maybe try and get more water than normal but other than that not really...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you were 100-200 over, cutting back would be fine. But with that amount I'd just log it and move on.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Did that a few times myself on the way down. I just logged it and moved on. Didn't seem to make much difference.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had 3 days in a row where I went over by tons. One day was like 1200 over! Scale numbers went down a few days later.

What I learned? As @malibu927 and @JohnnyPenso above just said, log it and move on.
  • kieranar
    kieranar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    try to offset with exercise, work out your BMR , this will give you an idea of what calories your body needs , sometime people neglect to do this and drop their intake to low .
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's fine. I just go by week anyway as I don't eat if I'm not hungry and some days I have a restaurant meal which puts me over. Nothing wrong with an up/down pattern of eating so long as you aren't torturing yourself by over restricting and then binging. The emotional aspects of eating should not be ignored.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had 3 days in a row where I went over by tons. One day was like 1200 over! Scale numbers went down a few days later.

What I learned? As @malibu927 and @JohnnyPenso above just said, log it and move on.

This literally just happened to me, I had a massive weekend and ate junk food on top of junk food with a sid eof junk food and jumped on the scales to see what the damage was....and I'd actually lost weight! ...go figure

I guess as long as it doesn't become a routine to go over by excessive amounts it's all fine, you've still got to be able to live a little. I just make sure I'm very consistent with my logging for the next 1-2 days to get back into a healthier routine then just go back to normal.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    xmissxamyx wrote: »

This literally just happened to me, I had a massive weekend and ate junk food on top of junk food with a sid eof junk food and jumped on the scales to see what the damage was....and I'd actually lost weight! ...go figure

I guess as long as it doesn't become a routine to go over by excessive amounts it's all fine, you've still got to be able to live a little. I just make sure I'm very consistent with my logging for the next 1-2 days to get back into a healthier routine then just go back to normal.

Absolutely the right attitude! I'm with you on that. Focus on big picture and don't let a day, or two, or five ruin your mind set and distract you from your goal.