Looking for motivated friends!Please add me :)

Options
Hi :)
I am Mirella, 24 years old, live in Germany.

Height:168 cm (5ft6)
Weight: 65-67 kg (143-146 lbs)

Last summer I got down from 72 kg to 61 kg (158 to 134) and just 2 months ago I gained 10 pounds due to carbs and generally too little cardio.

My goal weight ist 118 lbs and I decided to do it with mfp this time.
I am a slow loser and dont mind to lose my last 25 Pounds for 5,6 or more months, as long as I am losing.

I must eat ketogenic for a while due to gut issues, but am sticking to calorie deficits also. Working out is 3 to 5 times a week. I aim for 5.000 cal deficit weekly.

This will be difficult!
But I am so motivated to have the body I like to have that I will embrace the unconfortable feelings on the way to it. I thought having friends will make it better. :) What is your goal? Please write me and add me if you like to be my losing friend :#

Mirella

Replies

• mcbeanstr
    mcbeanstr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Cool will send a friend request
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Carbs/ No exercise doesn't make people gain weight, eating more than you burn does. With only 25 pounds to lose and already in the healthy BMI range for you would be better to aim for 0.5-1lb per week loss and get some strength training in to minimise muscle loss, you will find this far less restrictive and it will be more sustainable in the long term to keep the weight off.
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I already do strength training. I am aiming for a model type of figure-not too bulky, so 3 times a week with light to moderate or bodyweight weights is perfect for me.
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    P.s. in my case eating 300g carbs a daymakes me retain water, i look puffy and not doing that much cardio as i normally do makes me gain weight.

'only' 25 pounds? I would say 25 pounds are a ton of weight :dizzy:
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things 25 pounds is not a huge amount, that's not to say it's not daunting and it won't be hard work, but the rate of 2lb per week is aimed more at those who are obese, not those who are overweight, as I've mentioned above, you are already in a healthy weight range.

If you're happy to lose the weight over 5-6 months, which is by far healthier than trying to be more aggressive that's a 1lb per week loss anyway. This is what gives you your calorie deficit, 1lb per week would be a 500 calorie deficit per day and is far more sustainable, whereas 2lb per day is a 1000 calorie deficit per day and can be far too restrictive for a lot of people who have that amount to lose.

It's very difficult for a woman to become bulky when lifting unless eating in a calorie surplus, as building muscle requires extra energy. Lifting heavy in a calorie deficit certainly wouldn't have that effect, so don't be scared to consider lifting heavier.

300g of carbs is a lot so it's not surprising that would make you "puffy" I don't eat low carb and even on an excessively high carb day (talking pizza, crisps, etc) I would barely be hitting 250g on a 2500 calorie active day. If keto suits you that's fair enough, but it's not the carb or the lack of exercise making you gain it's the amount of food you're eating. Calories in <Calories Out is what matters for weight loss.