Left over calories

Options
Hey guys what do you do when you get to the end of the day and your calorie intake is less than 1000 and Mfp won't let you complete your entry for the day? Do you grab a snack and fix your calorie count or just leave it as is?

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's weird I've accidently completed my diary when adding water and the damn phone scrolled some more. I'd only just added breakfast.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don't hit complete any more. I did the first time I used MFP a few years back but I don't think time. Honestly all hitting complete does is give you that 5 week weightloss projection.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    it depends on what my average intake has been for the week, and whether I feel I've eaten enough to get good nutrients into my body (which is the reason for the 1200 cut-off).

I aim to never finish a day under 1100 NET calories (I'm short, and it rarely happens) so I probably WOULD grab a snack - some nuts, fruit, yoghurt or similar would be my go-to.

Having said all that, I never close my diary anyway.
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey guys what do you do when you get to the end of the day and your calorie intake is less than 1000 and Mfp won't let you complete your entry for the day? Do you grab a snack and fix your calorie count or just leave it as is?

i would be more concerned that i wasn't getting adequate nutrition by eating so little than whether MFP let me complete my diary.

^^^this. If you have a bunch of calories left over see if you are lacking any nutrients (especially protein). Grab a protein bar, some cottage cheese, an apple, some beef jerky, handful of nuts...