Starting over and looking for friends!

Options
Hi All!

I've been a member for quite some time but fell off the band wagon! Now ready to start my healthy life!

I lost 23 lbs 2 years ago before I started my desk job, since then gained 8 back. Not bad but not where I want to be.

Current weight: 149
5'2
Size 8/10
Goal

Looking for friends to help motivate!

-Melissa

Replies

• lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I'm 5'3" and 156 pounds. My goal is 130!
  • tlasublime83
    tlasublime83 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request
  • rs02011988
    rs02011988 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request-- I am looking for new friends, too :)
  • ThatBillGuy1984
    ThatBillGuy1984 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep up the good work. I'm new to this and looking for support myself.
  • waggs52
    waggs52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Desk jobs...boo. I've been at one for ten years and it makes things harder. I'm jumping on the bandwagon again too and looking to give all the encouragement I can to anyone getting after it! Good luck!
  • ThatBillGuy1984
    ThatBillGuy1984 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    waggs52 wrote: »
    Desk jobs...boo. I've been at one for ten years and it makes things harder. I'm jumping on the bandwagon again too and looking to give all the encouragement I can to anyone getting after it! Good luck!

I have a "desk" like job myself. I always try and make the effort to get up and move around every couple of hours.
  • abrocker0125
    abrocker0125 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting college this fall, new degree, new career, new me! Good luck!
  • blondchick205
    blondchick205 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for everyone and hope we all succeed! Let's stay strong and kick butt!
  • blondchick205
    blondchick205 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    waggs52 wrote: »

I have a "desk" like job myself. I always try and make the effort to get up and move around every couple of hours.

Aren't they horrible? Pays well but kills you! I hate sitting on my hurt for so long!

• ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Desk job here also, trialing out an electric height adjustable desk so see how it goes. All the best to you, great community here!
  • IL0veMyC0ffee
    IL0veMyC0ffee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sent request :) Also looking for more friends!
  • canfitguy
    canfitguy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey there @blondchick205 I've been here a while but have had my share of difficulties working at "desk" job and also with it being cold here in the Winter (in Canada) it's hard to get out and get moving. Been fired up since spring and have been getting out and at it since the end of March. Couple that with the new fitness tracker I have been going at it strong each opportunity I get away from the "desk." Feel free to add me if you are looking for support and encouragement. Good luck!