Which areas of your body store fat the most?

Options
For me I am a little overweight im a guy 5'9 and about 185 pounds and plan on getting to 160ish by September. My body stores fat mainly on my hips and lower back which I am the most self conscious about as it gives my body an hourglass figure which is weird when you're a guy. I do have moobs which sucks but not much fat around my actual chest area compared to the amount i have on my hips and lower back. Where abouts on your body do you have the majority of your fat

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm blessed and cursed in that I carry weight very evenly but I also dont notice lbs creep up unless they've REALLY crept up if I don't step on the scale.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    belly and thighs
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Like mrsnattybulking, I'm blessed with my weight distributed evenly. Which, too, means I don't notice weight gain as easily. A woman, at 5'11, I can gain 10lbs and no one notices. But maybe the scale and my pants. Most of the time I'll hear when I need to lose those 10lbs "You don't need to lose weight, you look exactly the same". Which isn't exactly motivating! LOL
  • naydnayd
    naydnayd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spare tire round my middle but that's because I'm on corticosteroid medication. Still sucks, tho.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I don't hold much fat but the last to go
    Is always my lower back
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My hips/thighs mostly and my belly. I don't carry much weight up top. So from the waist up I look very thin actually.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Belly. My arms and legs have thinned out to the point that some people have expressed concern that I still want to lose more weight, because I tend to dress to camouflage my gut so they don't notice what's going on there LOL. I get it from my father's side of the family, they all were fairly skinny except for the German beer belly - thanks Dad!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    My stomach- typical apple shape problems
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My bum, thighs (specifically inner thighs for some strange reason) and tummy
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Belly.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Belly. It's all spare tire. The good news is even a single pound lost makes a visual difference. The bad news is a pound gained does the same. :(
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My thighs
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I swear it use to be my face and thighs, but now that I'm getting older and have had three kids it goes straight to my stomach.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    The lower half of my body, mostly.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hips
  • FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's the lower body for me, thighs, hips and butt.
  • qwebster01
    qwebster01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    all over
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    Belly primarily, also my upper thighs store fat, which sucks because of the stretch marks, but I'll just consider them battle scars.
  • PurpleSnack
    PurpleSnack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Core- I store it right under my bra strap to just above my hip bones and it doesn't budge. If I gain or lose, it goes on or comes off my boobs or arms.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Almost all over. The distribution is fairly even. My face, neck, back, chest, butt, hips, and thighs are where the weight collects.

My upper arms don't get big until I'm over 100 pounds over my normal. My lower legs are always thin and muscular.