10Lbs in 2 weeks ? Is this right ?

Options
Ok so this is my first time truly being consistent to diet and excersise deficit. I eat 1800-2100 because im breastfeeding also. Im 5'1 and 22. Its been about a week and a half and im down almost 10lbs from 155 to 146. I weigh first thing after going washroom. With no clothing. Im just curious is my scale broken or is this dangerous ? Im 4 months post partum also. I know 2 lbs is thr most i should be losing and i do notice the loss in my tummy. I only excersise naybe 100-200 cals max a day as i just lift weights or jog up and down hallways for 10 or 20 minutes. Or do beginner cardio off YouTube nothing crazy and all low impact

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's likely more water weight lost than fat lost. Keep an eye on it for the next 2-4 weeks. If you continue to lose that quickly, eat more. I suspect it will slow down, though.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's really common to lose weight quickly at the beginning of a new routine and then slow down to a more normal level. If you are still losing this much in a couple of weeks, adjust your calories up. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of this was just water weight and you level out soon.
  • jla2425
    jla2425 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's likely more water weight lost than fat lost. Keep an eye on it for the next 2-4 weeks. If you continue to lose that quickly, eat more. I suspect it will slow down, though.

Ok sure. I actually dont want to lose to fast as i am hoping my skin wont be to bad if i take it slower. Hope so anyways
  • jla2425
    Options
    It's really common to lose weight quickly at the beginning of a new routine and then slow down to a more normal level. If you are still losing this much in a couple of weeks, adjust your calories up. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of this was just water weight and you level out soon.

Glad you mentioned that in the beginning. I remember my weight use to yo yo badly because id give in by day 3. This is the longest ive been consisten ever in my life ( ex binge eater)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I agree that a good chunk of that is water weight, but also it can be really easy to lose weight while breastfeeding. I'm 5'4, 10 years older than you and after my last baby starting using MFP when I had 10 baby lbs left to lose. I lost .5/lb a week eating about 2300 cal/day and some days I ate much more than that. Your weight loss will probably slow down, but if you feel you are consistently losing too fast then up your calories and enjoy all the delicious foods.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Your level of milk supply could have also affected your weight on the scale.. .I think while breastfeeding you may expect a lot of ups and downs
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    If you lose another 10 pounds in another 2 weeks, worry about it. This 10 pounds? Don't worry. As others have mentioned, it's really common to drop a bunch of water weight at the beginning of a new food plan. In your case, this will be enhanced by the fact that it hasn't been *that* long since you gave birth, so you may occasionally still see small drops on the scale for no apparent reason as your body decides it no longer needs some water weight it was holding onto.
  • jla2425
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    I agree that a good chunk of that is water weight, but also it can be really easy to lose weight while breastfeeding. I'm 5'4, 10 years older than you and after my last baby starting using MFP when I had 10 baby lbs left to lose. I lost .5/lb a week eating about 2300 cal/day and some days I ate much more than that. Your weight loss will probably slow down, but if you feel you are consistently losing too fast then up your calories and enjoy all the delicious foods.

Ita funny because some days i know ive eaten nearly 3000 cals but i have still lost some how
  • jla2425
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Your level of milk supply could have also affected your weight on the scale.. .I think while breastfeeding you may expect a lot of ups and downs

Actually i was thinking that as well as my mikk supply is leveling out now not as all over the place because hes about 4 months now
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    jla2425 wrote: »

Actually i was thinking that as well as my mikk supply is leveling out now not as all over the place because hes about 4 months now

Just when you think that, you'll hit a growth spurt or a sleep regression...i would take your measurements and progress photos. The scale could be a little off with water retention and milk etc for a while. The scale may work fine but if it doesn't it would be nice to have back up methods...just sayin.
  • cherilee0831
    cherilee0831 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding promotes weight loss naturally as your body burns a lot of calories to make milk.
  • gemabbi
    gemabbi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'd say it's a mixture of water loss and BF. I had this also, a big drop of the first few months. Once you get closer to your goal weight the pounds come off gradually
  • jla2425
    Options
    jla2425 wrote: »

Just when you think that, you'll hit a growth spurt or a sleep regression...i would take your measurements and progress photos. The scale could be a little off with water retention and milk etc for a while. The scale may work fine but if it doesn't it would be nice to have back up methods...just sayin.

Ugh so true. I am starting to enjoy not having a different size of chest every other hour lol