Personal Training Day 1

Options
Today is the first day of personal training. I am excited and nervous. I had a rough year and a half of battling depression, losing two pregnancies, yoyoing with my eating and weight, and having no ambition to work out. Recently I hit rock bottom when I saw that I have gained back the majority of the weight and inches that I had lost. I got in touch with a personal trainer that I know and I have signed up to do that with her two times a week. I also plan on getting back into Couch to 10K and hopefully complete a 10K by the end of the year. I wanted to write out what my current stats are, and my hope is to begin losing inches and pounds again. I also have a delicious dinner in the crockpot, ready for when I am done.

First day of personal training stats:

Weight: 200.2 lbs
Neck: 15 in
Chest: 41.5 in
Waist: 40 in
Hips: 46 in
BMI: 30
Body Fat: 44%

My goals for personal training:

1. To lose weight and inches
2. To gain confidence in my lifting capabilities
3. To get myself back into a swing at the gym
4. To help make it so I don't need to buy new clothes for when I go back to work in the fall (I'm a school teacher and I'm on summer break)
5. To help alleviate the symptoms of PCOS and hopefully help with my infertility issues and hopefully have our rainbow baby.

Thanks for reading and lending any motivation and support you have my way :smile:

-Denise

Replies

• RobinSFoster
    RobinSFoster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! Using a personal trainer was a game changer for me. I was being pushed to try new things and challenge my body. Having someone call you out when you're not doing your best is helpful too. I can't wait to see what you will accomplish!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! One day at a time! :)
  • graceterrain2012
    graceterrain2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You inspire me.. so keep on moving no matter what!
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You got this! :smile: I had a personal trainer when I first started lifting weights. It helped me gain confidence in what to do at the gym!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Getting a personal trainer when I was younger was one of the best things I ever did for myself. They will teach you proper form, a proper starting routine, and give you confidence to exercise on your own. I still get a PT from time to time if I feel like I need variety or need to reinvigorate. Be sure to post back and tell us how it went, you will definitely feel it the next morning :)
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The session starts in about an hour ☺️
  • paulawriteslove
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The session starts in about an hour ☺️

Have fun!!!!!
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Enjoying a post-workout recovery smoothie as I type this. It was intense. But good. I'm definitely out of shape and cannot wait to see how I have improved over the course of the summer.

NSV: I squatted body weight +30, and did dumbbell rows at 25 starting.

Tomorrow is gonna hurt though and then Thursday is my next session. I did find my asthma decided to kick in, but I had my inhaler ready to go.
  • paulawriteslove
    Options
    Enjoying a post-workout recovery smoothie as I type this. It was intense. But good. I'm definitely out of shape and cannot wait to see how I have improved over the course of the summer.

NSV: I squatted body weight +30, and did dumbbell rows at 25 starting.

Tomorrow is gonna hurt though and then Thursday is my next session. I did find my asthma decided to kick in, but I had my inhaler ready to go.

I'm so glad to read that you had a great workout!! You will improve so much through the summer! Keep up the great work :)