Over 10 lbs lost before school!

Options
Hey guys I am new to the online threads however, I have been an active user of myfitness pal for three months. By using my android phone to calorie count and exercsing vigerously I was able to shread over 13lbs of fat in a few months and in the process build great muscle tone. As a naturally built male I find losing weight to be harder than say your average skater boy. I couldn't begin to tell you how much I used to loathe my big frame.

Over the past few months I have went biking over 10 miles at least 6 days a week and lifted weights every other day while downing protien drinks as much as possiable and calorie counting.

I know many people would refuse to take protein suppliements while trying to lose weight since it seems counter intuitive and can make weight lose much harder. However I have realized life isnt about having the results shows such as "The Biggest Loser" preach, its about feeling and looking good. Sure I could have lost 10 lbs easier without muscle building and downing protein drinks but the weight loss would not have been as healthy. It is said for every 3 pounds your body loses you lose 1 pound of muscle. On this notion I realized wegiht loss without strength training is not as healthy. Personally I am proud that I gained signifficant strength (I now can lift twice as much as I could) as well as weight loss.

Through doing over an hour of cardio a day (sometimes more) and strength training an hour every other day I feel great.....Bottom line: to naturally thick guys like me and bigger boned people everywhere you only have 1 body dont be obsessed if its not as light as your twig friends or concern yourself with the average weight. Many internet sites will tell me I need to lose 40 lbs still but I know I only need to lose 10 lbs more anything else I will look like a holocaust surviver. Embrace your frame work with it; its the body you got, make it healthy, exercise right and eat right. Don't concern yourself with other people's results just go by how you feel.

Best of luck to your fitness goals! I still got along way to go on mine.

-Julian

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Way to go buddy, that is amazing! Congrats!
  • Freeapollo
    Freeapollo Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks congrats on your weight loss btw your profile picture looks amazing I feel intimidated looking at my monitor. lol Best of luck to you.
  • Mindy021921
    Mindy021921 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!