50 lbs gone!!

Options
I can't believe I'm sharing these pictures in a public place, but I thought maybe it would encourage someone else.... On January 3rd of this year I made a commitment to get healthy. I had gained weight and was at the heaviest I had ever been--even counting the highest weight from all of my pregnancies. I was disgusted with myself and having a lot of health related issues: imbalanced hormones, lots of blood sugar crashes, extreme fatigue, and in general just not feeling well. It was time to make a change. So 5 months and 3 days ago I committed to losing weight and becoming healthier--making a lifestyle change. Today marks the day that I've lost 50lbs! I still would like to lose about 20 more, but I've come so far and all those health related issues I mentioned have pretty much disappeared all together!

50.4lbs lost and I didn't spend one single penny on a "special" drink, supplement, shake, or oil. This was all done the good old fashioned way. Exercise and eating healthier. There is no magic pill. It's hard work, but it pays off! I'm so thankful to God for giving me the discipline and motivation to follow through. This really was a matter of prayer for me and an addiction to sugar that I had to deal with. Still have a little ways to go, but I had to share my excitement today.
#weightloss #heathyliving #saveyourmoney #doittheoldfashionedway #exercise #eatless

Replies

• jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Thank you for posting!!
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! That's awesome!!! So wonderful to hear. My experience is also that it's all about regular exercise and making healthy food choices. No magic. Just the basics. I also understand about food (including sugar) addictions - congrats on that, too! So wonderful that your health issues are better. It's so wonderful to feel healthy. That healthy feeling is great motivation to keep up the good work, and I love that you're celebrating your progress so far, and sharing. :smiley:
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's awesome!!! I love that you give the glory to God, I thank him everyday for this journey and for letting the weight come off!!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation! Great job!
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring - thank you for posting!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Go you!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. You look great. Curious to what your starting weight was.
  • kaavery120188
    kaavery120188 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I related to your post so much. All of the health issues you listed, I am having the same issues and am ready to be DONE with them! So far I am down 11 pounds! I feel like I have a different mindset this time around so hopefully I can keep it up.

If you don't mind me asking, what did your diet/eating look like? I see a lot of people having success with keto. For me, that just doesn't seem sustainable. I am definitely trying to cut out added sugars and junk food, but I don't see what's wrong with eating some whole grain carbs now and then.

Thanks again and WELL DONE!
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job on the weightloss so far, 50 is major. Thank you for sharing your inspiring story, looking forward to seeing your end goal. :smile:
  • findingmi
    findingmi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are inspiring!
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! How did you do it very inspiring?
  • shaylavillines
    shaylavillines Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Locolady98 wrote: »
    Wow, congrats! That's awesome!!! So wonderful to hear. My experience is also that it's all about regular exercise and making healthy food choices. No magic. Just the basics. I also understand about food (including sugar) addictions - congrats on that, too! So wonderful that your health issues are better. It's so wonderful to feel healthy. That healthy feeling is great motivation to keep up the good work, and I love that you're celebrating your progress so far, and sharing. :smiley:

Thank you so much! And you are so right! Nothing magic. Just eating right and exercising! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!
  • shaylavillines
    Options
    gopgirl425 wrote: »
    That is amazing. You look great. Curious to what your starting weight was.

My starting weight was 215.8 and today I weighed 165.4. I would still like to lose 25-30 more to be in the middle of the bmi scale.
  • shaylavillines
    Options
    Thank you for posting! I related to your post so much. All of the health issues you listed, I am having the same issues and am ready to be DONE with them! So far I am down 11 pounds! I feel like I have a different mindset this time around so hopefully I can keep it up.

If you don't mind me asking, what did your diet/eating look like? I see a lot of people having success with keto. For me, that just doesn't seem sustainable. I am definitely trying to cut out added sugars and junk food, but I don't see what's wrong with eating some whole grain carbs now and then.

Thanks again and WELL DONE!

I tried the Keto thing for awhile and did trim healthy mama for about three months of this...which would have been about 35lbs of it. Then I got tired of restricting so much and decided to go to strictly counting calories. So since about April I've been counting calories and eating basically whatever I want...as long as I have the calories for it. I still eat some whole grain carbs and even some sugar every once in awhile. As long as the portion is controlled and I have enough calories left.
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!