Why did this happen to me?

Options
I lost about 17-18 pounds, with more coming off each week. The only problem is that since I started, I lost a lot of weight in my face. I was so happy! Now, it seems that I have hit a plateau which I have been at for about a month, and my face looks chubbier than ever, which is really discouraging.... I have been going a little over lately because of social gatherings but have done a lot of exercise.

Should this happen and what can I do to fix it...

Sincerely,
A really sad person who lost some weight

Replies

• IAmTheAwesomest
    Options
    water is a HUGE help. but honestly just continue doing everything right and eventually your body will quit resisting and you will start seeing the weight drop. It takes time, (healthy) weight loss is not overnight.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Make your food log visible so we can have a peek. We may have suggestions. Are you eating close to the calorie goal that MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories? If not that may very well be your problem.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    retaining water maybe? what about some before and after pictures to compare for yourself, to see if maybe you 'think' you look chubbier in the face because of the plateau. You will overcome it.
  • weightlossnoob
    Options
    Make your food log visible so we can have a peek. We may have suggestions. Are you eating close to the calorie goal that MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories? If not that may very well be your problem.

I rarely log exercise as I feel that I shouldn't eat those calories back. And I don't know how to make the food log visible and I don't know if I want too... Sorry
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    How's about taking a look at the nutrition report section of MFP & seeing how you are doing with sodium levels???? When I consume too much, my face gets swollen.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    How's your sodium intake? You really should make your food diary public if you want advice. :)
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

I rarely log exercise as I feel that I shouldn't eat those calories back. And I don't know how to make the food log visible and I don't know if I want too... Sorry

Even if you don't feel you should eat the calories back doesn't change the fact that you should. If you start logging your exercise and eating back most of the calories I can almost guarantee that you will start dropping weight again.

If you don't want to make your food log visible that is your choice but without more information there is not much anyone here can do to help you.