Hit my goal!

Options
marlanaperry
marlanaperry Posts: 20 Member
In the past, my weight loss goals have been drastic and I've always given up quickly after initially dropping 8-10 pounds quickly since, after that point, it takes me a few weeks to lose a single pound. My goal weight was also always 120. Nothing else was going to be okay, and my body simply does not seem to be meant to be 120. This was always discouraging. I graduated high school at 135 pounds, was up 150 after my second year of college, and then after graduating shot up to 160 due to mourning a miscarriage by eating and doing nothing. In the three years of college, I went through several of these 10-pounds-down crash diets only to quickly gain back the weight (plus some) afterwards. And then I got pregnant again in October 2015. Throughout my pregnancy, I gained 25 pounds, all of which I lost within a month postpartum.

My weight continued to drop and was holding about 150. I was relying on nursing and eating way too many calories, which was causing stomach issues and fatigue coupled with the fact that my baby wasn't sleeping. Starting in March, I decided I needed to lose some extra weight but have a more reasonable goal throughout my journey. I weighed in at 148 and wanted to be down to 135 by the end of May. I started eating healthier and just making sure my calories didn't go over 2000 a day (though, admittedly, I've had A LOT of cheat days). At the end of March, I was down 8 pounds and decided to start kickboxing 3-4 times a week. This is the longest I've been able to stay with a consistent workout. I hit my goal of 135 and I feel like I did it in a much healthier and sustainable way than I ever have before.

The pictures are during Summer 2015, at 162 pounds, 9 months pregnant in June 2016, and then this month at 134. k7h2v5k96k3s.jpg
xgkkv2kxt6gy.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!