From 244 to 156. 26 more pounds to go!

Options
This has been long and hard but it has been so worth it!

I remember feeling so tired. I got winded walking up stairs. I couldn't play with my kids because it was just exhausting and all I wanted to do was sit in front of the tv. I remember being embarrassed to take them to the pool or the beach. I didn't want to be in photos. I didn't feel beautiful for my husband. I felt ashamed I let myself get like that. How did I get like that?! How did I let it get that bad?

I know exactly HOW. I had a terrible miscarriage the day my husband deployed to Iraq (about 10 years ago). I did not handle it well. I got so depressed. I got put on so many different medications. And I don't know if it was the depression or the medication but I started eating like crazy. I was so sad I just laid around. I knew it wasn't healthy. I just couldn't get over the loss. When I got pregnant again I was 222 pounds. I had a healthy baby and wasn't suffering from depression any more. But my bad habits were still there.

My husband and I would literally sit on the couch for hours each evening when he got off work and eat junk food. It was awful. When I had my second kid I was up to 244 pounds. :( I lost a ton of weight after that, I got down to 153. Then I got pregnant again and swore I wouldn't gain the weight back. But I did. I went right back up to 210. So now I've had all my babies and am motivated more than ever before to lose this weight. I love my babies and my husband so much. They deserve to have a happy and healthy mom and wife.

I am down to 156 and my goal is 130. I am NOT giving up. I want to run on the beach with my babies and not worry about how I look. I want to swim with them and play. I want to hike with them and fly kites with them and ENJOY them! I want to be an involved mama that doesn't tell my kids "Let's just stay inside and watch a movie." Their childhood is so fleeting, and I am so motivated to make the most of it.

Thanks for reading all of this, sorry it was so long. I just feel so passionate about living a happy and healthy life and encouraging others to do the same. If I can do it, you can, TRUST me! It's been the hardest thing I've had to do, but it has been the MOST important thing. I feel so strong mentally (and physically) because of what I have accomplished. <3q8sokqg3gyxc.jpg

Replies

• b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look great what an inspiration
  • 2strive4fitness
    2strive4fitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look great! How long did it take you to achieve this goal?
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You look great! How long did it take you to achieve this goal?

From the point where I was 210 to now, about a year and a half? Maybe. The picture on the left was the closest I could find to my heaviest. I can't actually find any pictures from that time because I hid from the camera.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story! It's easy to let a traumatic experience influence your life, but you've managed to overcome it and push through to a healthier you. I'm sure your husband and kids are SO PROUD of you!
  • Dovely40
    Dovely40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Enjoy those babies and make great memories with them.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! WTG!
  • katie2400
    katie2400 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such an inspiring background. Hope your kids are old enough to see how persistent you have been in achieving your goals. You look great. Stay strong!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great story, fabulous accomplishment and you look happy and healthy! Congrats to you and enjoy your 'New Life"!!! :wink:
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look terrific!!
  • pawan245lbs
    pawan245lbs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow- Simply WOW!
  • SleepingSwan
    SleepingSwan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. What a truly wonderful 'gift' you are giving to your children. Well done!! X x
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Inspiring story. I don't see where you need to loose another 26lbs.
  • aettinger448
    aettinger448 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 248. I'm down to 209 now, and I already see such a big difference. I know exactly what you mean. I never felt pretty or sexy. I didn't have energy to play with my kid. I hated summer because I felt hot in my "cover the fat" clothes. I'm so excited to see your results and can't wait to get there myself!
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    My starting weight was 248. I'm down to 209 now, and I already see such a big difference. I know exactly what you mean. I never felt pretty or sexy. I didn't have energy to play with my kid. I hated summer because I felt hot in my "cover the fat" clothes. I'm so excited to see your results and can't wait to get there myself!

You'll get there. We both will. <3 It's totally more of a mental thing than a physical thing, for me anyway. It's more about my MIND being strong, and my willpower. I'm finally starting to feel beautiful again. And my husband has loved me at every weight, but I was THIS size I am now when we got married. I feel like he deserves the best I can be. Even when he sees my before picture he says he just doesn't remember me that way, he just saw Sara. I'm so happy to finally have energy for my kids and my husband. It's a great feeling.

• Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Omg...it was like I was reading a future post of myself! I lost my first baby as well, and started putting on major amounts of weight. I have since had three healthy babies, 8, 4, and 1 years old. I was up to my highest of 247 at the start of this year, and have lost 43.4lbs so far. I started February 16 of this year. My goal weight is even 130 like you! Haha. How tall are you if you don't mind my asking? I am 5'3". I still have a LONG ways to go, but I'm getting there. My aha moment was when my kiddos wanted to go roller blading, and I couldn't even get the skates buckled around my ankles...I was mortified and ashamed. I'd love to add you if that's ok? You are a wonderful inspiration!
  • lifeisahighway
    Options
    Omg...it was like I was reading a future post of myself! I lost my first baby as well, and started putting on major amounts of weight. I have since had three healthy babies, 8, 4, and 1 years old. I was up to my highest of 247 at the start of this year, and have lost 43.4lbs so far. I started February 16 of this year. My goal weight is even 130 like you! Haha. How tall are you if you don't mind my asking? I am 5'3". I still have a LONG ways to go, but I'm getting there. My aha moment was when my kiddos wanted to go roller blading, and I couldn't even get the skates buckled around my ankles...I was mortified and ashamed. I'd love to add you if that's ok? You are a wonderful inspiration!

I'm 5'3" as well! Wow we have SO MUCH in common! Thanks so much for your kind words!
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and, more importantly, sound like you are in a healthy, happy place. Congratulations!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You have given you and your family the awesome gift of life! You look amazing!
    Regretfully, there were many years my children did not have a healthy mom. Being obese didn't stop me from getting into a swimsuit and going. The downside was I couldn't keep up and amusement parks were a "guess" to go on a ride. So many times I'd back out of family functions, embarrassed about my weight.
    My kids were 19 & 25 before I was healthy enough to actually enjoy a water park. So many regrets! But you have the rest of their lives to appreciate every moment.
    Congratulations! Stay on this path of health! You will have many wonderful memories ahead.
    Kudos to your amazing husband for loving you for you. Thank you both for serving our country, yes, family members serve to.
    Always move forward! Amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!