PreWorkout

Options
I need some pre workout recommendations for women!
Thanks in advance :).

Replies

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ok, like what kind? Do you mean what to eat or drink? or how to warm up or something? It also depends what kings of workout you intend. Any details would be great.
  • gracepostie
    gracepostie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    In drink form!
    Maybe I'll rephrase my question: what is your favorite liquid pre workout to use?
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. No sugar. No cream. It'll get ya right!
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have used loads over the years Pre Jym, C4, and loads of others but now back to black coffee / espresso with MCT (or you could use coconut) oil. I really find this seems to work better than the ones you mix up.
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    C4 is good. I just got Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy but I haven't tried it yet... I'll letcha know. I've also used BPI 1MR and Best Pre. Those are also good.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just coffee. I do have c4 on order to try if Amazon ever ships it.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    C4 is good. I just got Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy but I haven't tried it yet... I'll letcha know. I've also used BPI 1MR and Best Pre. Those are also good.

Not a huge fan of c4. Underdosed on beta-alanine, creatine, and arginine. The beta alanine isn't too badly underdosed but the creatine being at 1g is kind of ridiculous. Like you just put it in there so you could advertise having it in your pre-workout.

@ op MTS ruckus has been my go to for pre-workouts. It's cheap @ 24.99/20servings of 2 scoops but you only really need 1. No proprietary blends and MTS nutritions is a pretty reputable company. Plus I love dicaffeine malate over just plain caffeine. If you have stomach issues with taking in caffeine which I don't but it also makes it feel time released. Instead of the caffeine hitting you all at once it slowly ramps up.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Amino Energy is awesome. I drink it as an alternative to soda during the day. It's not marketed as a preworkout, but if you're simply looking for a caffeine boost, it will do the trick.

FYI - Costco currently has a 65 serving tub on sale for $29.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Everyone responds differently to stimulants, and different pre-workouts will have different stims in different amounts, so it's almost impossible to glean any meaningful information from a bunch of random people's preferences/recommendations.

If you want to use a pre, you'll have to try a few and see what you like... but generally speaking, caffeine is the only stim that's widely accepted as beneficial. And there are a zillion ways to get caffeine, with pre-workouts usually being among the most expensive.
  • postchi1
    postchi1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    BPI 1MR, NO Explode or a can of Monster Zero (Red is the one) will do it
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Caffeine...it's super cheap in pill form and you can wash it down with water (or coffee for an extra burst)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Old formulation Killer Labz (ironically probably an apt name) - Executioner, the one with DMAA in.

You'll be pissing unicorn rainbows in no time.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm not an official preworkout person. I tend to just have a homemade protein bar an hour or 2 ahead of time if I feel I need a boost, but today I'm also having a cup of black coffee. (I'm not really a big coffee drinker).
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Coffee. And a protein bar or carrot cake. Carrot cake is preferred, but not always available.
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've recently used cellucor c4 zero.
    Gives you the energy you need but doesn't give the jitters.
    Contains zero creative & beta-alanine.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein bar and water about an hour before a workout. Afterward, it's plain water or Propel Fitness Water.
  • gunnisondave
    gunnisondave Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Water works for me.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tried c4, idk if it's because I had lunch before I took it but I didn't notice any extra energy. Usually I don't eat before working out so will see how it works Monday
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    On Friday I had tapioca pudding as my preworkout and I had AWESOME pump that day. Yaaaaas carbs and sugar. Just one of those 100 cal snack packs.