Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 15] - 8 Week Challenge

Options
Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,520 Member
HRS1lEw.gif

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 15th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • It is an 8 week challenge that will run from Monday, June 19th (with starting weigh-in 6/16-6/18) through Sunday, August 13th to help keep you motivated through the summer!
  • The term will be themed around the 7th Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week.
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: https://hogwartsmfp.typeform.com/to/CSrRm6
-If you have trouble submitting the typeform, feel free to PM me your answers and I will submit them for you!

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. In order to maintain a similar number of students in each house, students may be invited to join houses other than their first choice. If you list a dealbreaker house (or indicate that you only want your first choice), that will be respected, but you will be less likely to get a place at Hogwarts due to space availability. Please be assured that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will place you on the wait list for any openings that arise throughout the term.

Once you have been accepted, a prefect will contact you and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around ~6/13 (shortly before term will begin). If you are worried about whether your application was received before than, feel free to send me a PM and I can confirm if it was received. You may submit an application using the typeform during
--If you see this thread after the challenge has begun and want to apply, you may use the typeform application since it will place you on the wait list (although please PM @Kisame29 to be added to the wait list if it has been than one month since this post).

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here, although if you would like a quick answer please send me a PM! I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely yours,
Kisame29 (Hogwarts Headgirl)

Replies

• Loribh0126
    Loribh0126 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I submitted my form! Can't wait!
  • jadevalentine
    jadevalentine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is adorable. I am not a Harry Potter person but my friend is and she flipped when she saw this!! Nice!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Application submitted! :smiley:
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I just submitted my application. :)
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Submitted for ravenclaw. This challenge is perfect. Can't wait!
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I hope I put my application in on time! Saw this and got super excited!
  • FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Seriously, Great work :) fingers crossed I get in!
  • dmiller4129
    dmiller4129 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for this! Just submitted my application! Can't wait to start!!!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting my 11th term at Hogwarts with term 15. Such an amazing group of people and awesome challenges. :D I can't wait!
  • runlikeagirl1985
    runlikeagirl1985 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am not normally a challenge person, but I couldn't resist this one and I need a little extra motivation right now! Just submitted my application :)
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    Options
    7xhag493v5rm.png
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I was a late joiner to the last Term, and boy it is SO much fun! It includes eating, exercise, and other lifestyle challenges. I really loved bringing some interest to this daily slog we call 'getting healthy'.
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    This will be my sixth term. Go RAVENCLAW (and the other houses too ;) )!!!
    8z4yiz9dcwac.jpg

• jenniferleavitt1
    jenniferleavitt1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just filled out the form
  • goddessshmoogles
    goddessshmoogles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is so great!! I've never joined a challenge before, but I'm super excited for this to be my first! ❤️
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,209 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    submitted my form :)

hoping for my owl :D

also said I would like to be a prefect, if its required I'm happy to be a student :) especially since this is my first time !
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I have submitted a form. I just finished a term at Ilvermorny. Looking for a fellowship at Hogwarts. :D
  • Nesphyd
    Nesphyd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, I couldn't not join once I saw this! Awesome, awesome idea! I'm excited already!
  • Divinelydark
    Divinelydark Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have to admit, this actually sounds like a pretty amazing way to motivate people. Thanks for all the people who organize/run this and thanks for getting me to apply for my 1st ever challenge!
  • monkeygirl08
    monkeygirl08 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I usually don't enter into these challenges, but can't resist this one. Application completed!