New Tatas!!!!!! Woohoo!

Options
Has anyone had a breast aug? How long did you have to stay out of the gym ( I've heard everything from 3 weeks to 6 months UGH :noway: )? Did you stop doing chest exercises before surgery? How much weight did you gain from the "extra" weight of implants?????
I'm so excited, but feel like I will be starting over at the gym.:ohwell:

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I started exercising about 4 weeks after. I had a lift with it though, more invasive. Still I was ok. To this day I only do body weight chest (pushups, pullups, etc) and very light bench press (max is 85#). It doesn't 'hurt' per se, but I don't like the feeling of the implants shifting around. Most people have no issues with it though.

Good luck! It is so much fun shopping for new tops and bras!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    All I read was Tatas...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    All I read was Tatas...

There was more to the thread?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    im with you! i cant wait to have mine done but it worries me at the same time. i love working my chest....but i think id love having some boobs instead of just nipples even more ;)
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a lift & fill once I hit my goal weight. I've had big tatas all my life, so they've never really been perky. Now that the weight is coming off, they look like sad puppy dog ears lol :(

Thanks for asking this question. I haven't gotten close enough to where I'm seriously contemplating the ins and outs of surgery, so it was good for me to consider not being able to exercise for awhile. Good luck :D
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    congratulations.

You should be able to go back to light exercises and lower body after 4/6 weeks, but lay off upper body for longer.
    Its worth asking your surgeon what he recommends
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    I figured if I posted TATAS that I would get a quick response! lol
    I am so excited! It motivates me even more to be in the best shape of my life!
    Thanks for the info....and the laughs!
    Pics will be posted....(clothed of course:wink: )
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I approve this thread. Also if they are big enough won't it take care of the weight lifting for you? Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I approve this thread. Also if they are big enough won't it take care of the weight lifting for you? Killing two birds with one stone so to speak.
  • Melly1606
    Melly1606 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just got my new Tatas, and I LOVE them!! But I am anxious to start working out again. It will be two weeks on July 28, I started walking at a 3.5mph at a 3.5 incline. but I don't want to push it because it could slow the healing. Love the boobies, hate not working out and running......

Good Luck!

Sincerely,
    C-cup
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I have not made it to the Tata stage but I did have other plastic surgery and had to wait 6 months before doing any weight training. I was able to do low impact cardio at 3 months. It was like starting all over. Very difficult. I'm at a medical standpoint now where I temporarily can't work-out. Losing your rhythm suck when you are on a roll! I am saving up to one day get new "ones" so congrats on yours :smile: :happy:
  • Auntienammy
    Options
    I actually work at a plastic surgeons office...There really aren't any restrictions (other than no submerging under water til stitches are out) from our point of view. As far as we're concerned the more you do the better...your breasts will drop and soften faster and it actually helps the pain go away faster. The longer you sit still the more the muscles cramp up and it hurts when you have to move. Obviously you probably wont be able to do your normal routine the day after surgery but we recommend starting with butterfly movement w/o weights and increasing as you feel comfortable.
    also, as far as running/walking, whtever is comfortable but you might want to wear 2 sports bras, thats alot of extra weight to jiggle around
    Hope that helped
  • Melly1606
    Melly1606 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It answered some of my questions, thanks!!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was on the stepmill the next day I couldnt wait...just dont get too sweaty.
  • mrsmorris13
    mrsmorris13 Posts: 225
    Options
    I actually work at a plastic surgeons office...There really aren't any restrictions (other than no submerging under water til stitches are out) from our point of view. As far as we're concerned the more you do the better...your breasts will drop and soften faster and it actually helps the pain go away faster. The longer you sit still the more the muscles cramp up and it hurts when you have to move. Obviously you probably wont be able to do your normal routine the day after surgery but we recommend starting with butterfly movement w/o weights and increasing as you feel comfortable.
    also, as far as running/walking, whtever is comfortable but you might want to wear 2 sports bras, thats alot of extra weight to jiggle around
    Hope that helped

Good to know! Thank you so much!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a lift & fill once I hit my goal weight. I've had big tatas all my life, so they've never really been perky. Now that the weight is coming off, they look like sad puppy dog ears lol :(

Thanks for asking this question. I haven't gotten close enough to where I'm seriously contemplating the ins and outs of surgery, so it was good for me to consider not being able to exercise for awhile. Good luck :D

I'm right there with you hon...the "girls" are not too pretty right now. My hubby recently gave me more motivation - he's promised to quit smoking as soon as I get mine done! You better believe he's going to have to stick to that promise or he's not going to be allowed to touch them. Wish there was a way to not allow him to look at them...maybe some big ugly grandma nighties. LOL!!
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i had a breast lift done 5 years ago and love the new "teen tatas"! i teach aerobics and cycling so it was a huge adjustment for me when it came to working out. i cycled in my 2nd week but was wrapped very tight and i didn't lean forward much or "jog" in place. i had one of my students do the high version of the class while i cycled next to her on the mic and took the low version. i did that for a few weeks and kept the girls wrapped tight if i was to do much. i didn't lift upper body for a while, don't remember exactly how long but when my body was ready, i started back easy. it will do your body good to take a rest and do light workouts. consider it "recovery" time for your whole body. you'll come back stronger and ready to take on a new level when you're ready! 5 years later i still wear 2 bras if running, doing jacks, riding horses or anything with a ton of bouncing. i paid a lot of $ to have the girls lifted, i want to continue to take care of them. good luck and listen to your body