I love my Kinect!

Options
I bought a Kinect because it looked like fun and you actually have to move and such to play. Well let me tell you this thing has become my workout! The games they have are insane and the thing can tell if you're slacking. I am going to go out and get the bigest loser for it to see how it is. Does anyone else have a Kinect and feel like you get a good calorie burn playing the games?

Replies

• SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I also have the Kinect and used Dance Central. I use my HRM (heart rate monitor) to track my calories burned because I know the numbers can be off on the game. I'm thinking about getting Zumba because the trial seemed kind of intense. :drinker:
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I do have a kinect that I bought a while ago, usually that's my workout routine when the weather isn't very pleasing which living in Ireland is quite often.

The "games" I got for it were My Shape Fitness Evolved and EA Sports Active 2 for Kinect. Thinking of getting the new UFC Personal Trainer now, just waiting for a few more reviews to hit the sites.
  • chironess
    chironess Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes, I just got one. Have not been able to get past the initial tutorial on the Zumba game yet but the adventure game that came with it wakes me up a bit. So far those are the only two I have tried. It is way cool!!
  • Zerbertkisses
    Zerbertkisses Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just recently got one as well. It's so neat! I do get a work out from playing Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports. I also did the demo of Zumba and couldn't figure it out, haha, but it was a work out. I also did the Dance Central demo and I liked it a lot, I will probably buy that one.

I've been researching and looking for reviews for the fitness games - does anybody have a recommendation?

Biggest Loser
    EA Active 2
    Your Shape Fitness Evolved
    Zumba

Which one???
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't have Kinect....PS3 here.
    I have UFC Personal Trainer and do 3 workouts 1 for each guy and burn 300+ in the hour it takes.
    I also have EA Active 2 and was enjoying that when it first came out.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I love playing Dance Central! I learn dance moves and it's fun and gets me sweaty. My little sister plays Kinect Adventures and when I play with her it also is a mini work out. :)
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    I love my Kinect as well. I play Zumba at least 3 days a week, and I just purchased The Biggest Loser Ultimate Weightloss for it. I play Kinect Adventures as well and it has helped me stay activate. Its a lot of fun. I may need to get Dance Central and give it a shot. I love Zumba, but some of the moves are so hard, I get frustrated and leave it alone for a few days, so maybe something new will help.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Been debating between getting wii and kinect. Sounds like kinect might be the one. :-)
  • aamon17
    aamon17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do Kinect Sports. And with the Soccer mini game "Super Striker", I burn 700+ calories playing for an hour! I wear my Polar Fit FT7 hrm to verify the calorie burn.