Shrimp..

Options
jailbody
jailbody Posts: 1 Member
Anyone have any good recipes for grilled shrimp?

Replies

• yachtstew1
    yachtstew1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I put them in the oven by themselves with a tiny bit of olive oil, himalayan sea salt and cracked pepper. Sooooo good, and it doesn't shrink them like the frying pan does.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like them grilled on skewers with the shells on (keeps them moist). Brush with a little melted butter or spray with olive oil, then pluck the shells off a serve over zoodles with a fire roasted marinara.

I also grill them in a Dutch oven with some beer or wine, little butter, garlic and chopped herbs. Pull the shrimp out with slotted spoon and heat the crap out of the sauce until it boils down a little and serve with a crusty sourdough. Mussels and clams the same way.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    When grilling we toss in oil, black pepper, cayenne and garlic powder and either just toss on the grill or put on skewers, depending on size. Agree with the above post - leave the shells on till after cooking so go heavy on the spices as you'll peel a lot of it off.
  • Anaryne26
    Anaryne26 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like my grilled shrimp to be simple. I normally take the shells off except for the tail. This requires you to really watch them, however. Lightly mist them with olive oil spray, sprinkle on some old bay, and put them on soaked bamboo/wooden skewers. They're delicious. Serve with a large salad and either a baked potato or some rice.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Regular olive oil or canola oil, lime zest, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin = a tasty rub. These are good for shrimp tacos with some shredded cabbage, lime juice, and crema.