310 to 5k

Options
Big100loser
Big100loser Posts: 14 Member
What an awesome feeling I finally ran my first 5k in Little Rock Ark I've lost 86 pounds using Myfitnesspal over the last 9 months. My goal is to lose 100 pounds by July 22 my next 5k
. I had the honor of running it with my 75 yr old father and we completed in 32.49 training for my next race wanting to shave 6 minutes off my time by. Also wanting to attempt my first 10k in November Cajun Cup. Any tips?
529i8pkf1ymx.jpg

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's pretty speedy for your first 5K :)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Amazing job- congratulations on both you weight loss and completing your first 5k!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Great job on what you have accomplished! You will hit 100, no problem and probably surprise yourself by how much you actually find you are able to lose. As for tips, just keep pushing yourself to go faster and farther. Of course, getting lighter along the way is going to help too.

As for you dad, that is downright inspiring! That is truly the ultimate goal, to be healthy and active for as long as possible and enjoy life.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Hope you crush all your goals! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!