Seeking sweet snack suggestions

Options
I have a horrible sweet tooth, but I'm trying to cut down the amount of sugar in my diet. Unfortunately, I can't have the diet options of anything because my stomach reacts badly to artificial sweeteners. I don't want to go completely without sweet things because it's basically my favorite part of eating, haha. Other than fruit, what's everybody's favorite low-sugar dessert or snack?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes and carrots are sweet and they aren't fruit. Corn is a grain and it is sweet.
  • postchi1
    postchi1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Protein powders are great sugar alternatives (I believe you can buy soy protein now with no artificial sweeteners) . mixed with oats and hot milk or water you cant go wrong.

Or Fage yogurt/high protein yogurt with handful of fresh fruit always works.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    carrots and mini bell peppers
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Popsicles!
  • Eevee_King
    Eevee_King Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fiber brownie "chocolate chip". 90 Calories with tons of flavors.
  • Eevee_King
    Eevee_King Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also sugar free pudding. Its delicious.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (I also like to add a little dried fruit to this, like cherries or apricots).

I like these crispy rice snacks as well-45 calories each.

917rZHSj1eL._SY550_.jpg

And I like gummy fruit snacks as well--they are sugar dense but portion controlled and usually 80-90 calories.

Dont take this the wrong way, but for me rice snacks/cakes taste like im chewing on a paper towel!
  • chescaandsam
    chescaandsam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love sweet treats too. I still enjoy chocolate and sweets I now buy treat sized chocolate bars and sweets. I often have 2 finger KitKats, blue ribbands and drifts. They're all about 100cal each. I like to but chocolate and sweets that are packed in small quantities or individual wrapped. I find it helps me with portion control.
  • chescaandsam
    chescaandsam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eevee_King wrote: »
    fiber brownie "chocolate chip". 90 Calories with tons of flavors.

I second fiber brownie! They're tasty!
  • stashia23
    stashia23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a couple of tablespoons of dark chocolate chips
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Ice lollies. The one I just had is 31 kCal.
  • senorajoselina
    senorajoselina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oranges!! My addiction. LOL
  • doton221
    doton221 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lara bars are good! They're also made from just a few ingredients. However they're higher in calories (200/220 per bar) so you'd definitely have to plan for it
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't know what your calorie limit is for sweets, but here are a few things I'm enjoying:

Ciao Bella Blueberry Passionfruit Sorbetto - 110 calories for 1/2 cup. Rich and delicious
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich - 130 calories
    Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Pretzel Bar - 160 (really good, my kids even steal them)
    Outshine Grape (or other flavored popsicle) - Full size is about 60-70 cals and half size are half that.

Not sure if you were looking for true desserts but this is what I lean on.

When I'm being more virtuous, I will get a really, really sweet ataulfo (champagne) mango and slice it over plain greek yogurt.

NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS in any of the above. I don't use them either.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Options
    Cottage cheese with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (I also like to add a little dried fruit to this, like cherries or apricots).

I like these crispy rice snacks as well-45 calories each.

917rZHSj1eL._SY550_.jpg

And I like gummy fruit snacks as well--they are sugar dense but portion controlled and usually 80-90 calories.

Dont take this the wrong way, but for me rice snacks/cakes taste like im chewing on a paper towel!

Not offended at all, these were sweeter than those I'd had in the past and I was pleasantly surprised, but everyone is free to take or not take suggestions.

was going to try them because you said they were sweeter. cheapest place in canada is amazon and they want 42$ for a box lol.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness- sometimes- Amazon really gets over on how much it charges- sometimes we can get those rice rolls at a dollar store near me- they may not be the same brand- I did not really like them- I enjoy the rice cakes better- but they are practically the same things- lol
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Special K protein granola bars. The chocolate cherry one is as tasty as a candy bar and is only 150 calories. And it has a decent amount of protein--8 grams!

Also...I take the gummy or chew version of vitamins whenever possible. I love candy. >_>
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Options
    Special K protein granola bars. The chocolate cherry one is as tasty as a candy bar and is only 150 calories. And it has a decent amount of protein--8 grams!

Also...I take the gummy or chew version of vitamins whenever possible. I love candy. >_>

Fuzzy peaches, i miss you so much.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    My current treat of choice is light vanilla Greek yogurt with cocoa and stevia and sometimes some powdered peanut butter. The wife buys frozen Greek yogurt bars that are really good and 100 calories each. Halo Top is awesome. I also like to crumble a few Doritos into some cottage cheese. Another idea is smashing some fresh blackberries with powdered peanut butter for a nice pb&j effect. There are lots of ways to use protein powders and @crazyravr has a killer protein cheesecake recipe over in the recipe section.