Fasting tomorrow, need motivation!

Options
Hello everyone! I hope that you weekends were active and wonderful!

Tomorrow I will fast completely and then weigh myself on Tuesday! As of Tuesday I will start my food tracking. Anybody want to be my motivation buddy? We can help each other!

I am from Montreal, Quebec but currently live in Moscow, Russia. I am active, happy, somewhat healthy but I eat badly (chocolate and un pain au chocolat? Yes please!!) and sleep a couple of hours a night (I love to go out). Can someone write to me regularly, we can check on how we are eating, exercing and make each other smile and feel good!

Let's do this! Good luck on your journeys friends!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    For what purpose are you fasting? If it's just to get a lower weight on Tuesday that seems rather ridiculous?
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I do not understand any benefit in fasting
  • Artemis_diana
    Artemis_diana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It isn't for that purpose! It is because I used to fast once a week to detox and I always start motivation kicks by fasting. Also, it differs from person to person! I fasted weekly for years, and did a lot of my fitness blogging friends, and we all feel better! I haven't in six months and I feel much less healthy! Everyone is different, I enjoy fasting!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are you detoxing by fasting that your body doesn't already do?
  • rahat0010
    rahat0010 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try Intermittent Fasting.. I got some amazing results :wink:

PicsArt_06-04-08.31.57_zpszdgcwacv.jpg

PicsArt_06-04-08.21.17_zpsmv4v5vzn.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It isn't for that purpose! It is because I used to fast once a week to detox and I always start motivation kicks by fasting. Also, it differs from person to person! I fasted weekly for years, and did a lot of my fitness blogging friends, and we all feel better! I haven't in six months and I feel much less healthy! Everyone is different, I enjoy fasting!

You used to do It, yet you're back losing weight again... maybe that suggests it wasn't sustainable or actually useful for weight loss?
  • Artemis_diana
    Options
    Great results Rahat!!! Happy for you!
  • Artemis_diana
    Options
    Haha, I gained weight again because I spent 4 months in Thailand and Cambodia overeating all of the time and partying a lot! Actually, I stayed fit while I fasted but I was incapable of doing it during my time in Thailand as I was constantly surrounded by people and we ate together! Still, I am not overweight but I want to get my old weight back (55kg!).
  • Artemis_diana
    Options
    @malibu927 pretty much everything in this article:

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-of-fasting-that-will-surprise-you.html

Also, I enjoy the taste of food so much more after fasting!
  • Zoetrooper
    Zoetrooper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you already have your motivation.
  • pommid
    pommid Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you doing intermittent fasting? I enjoy the mental benefits, like not really caring about food whatsoever. It becomes more technical, less emotional. I'm not doing it right now though. I support wise fasting for sure. Good luck!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope that you weekends were active and wonderful!

Tomorrow I will fast completely and then weigh myself on Tuesday! As of Tuesday I will start my food tracking. Anybody want to be my motivation buddy? We can help each other!

I am from Montreal, Quebec but currently live in Moscow, Russia. I am active, happy, somewhat healthy but I eat badly (chocolate and un pain au chocolat? Yes please!!) and sleep a couple of hours a night (I love to go out). Can someone write to me regularly, we can check on how we are eating, exercing and make each other smile and feel good!

Let's do this! Good luck on your journeys friends!

there is no bad foods. and you need more sleep. the less sleep you get the more likely you are to be hungry. I know that for me that is an issue. as for starving yourself for 24hrs its not going to boost or jump start anything and you arent detoxing anything.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So, how did the fast go? @Artemis_diana
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    So, how did the fast go? @Artemis_diana

yeah, this is what i was wondering.