Keto? Lifting? Cardio? Let's support each other!

Options
pommid
pommid Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys. I'm 23, 5'3, the states. Ideally, these are my health goals: maintaining ketosis, weightlifting (StrongCurves) and cardio (C25K) on my off days. I have like, 100lb to lose. I struggle with maintaining consistency and balance in life in general. I would love to get my grubby hands on more friends on here for motivation. Feel free to add me or post here and I'll shoot you a request. Thanks!

Replies

• Jodelieh
    Jodelieh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome from Europe. Good goals and yeah consistency is the main thing. I recognize the issue and as a mom of two I need to be the example I never had. You can add me if you want!
  • SuleenRuuz
    SuleenRuuz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I also need some of that sweet motivation!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    @hearttoheart how well does ketosis and weightlifting work for you? How low are your carbs? I found it hard to have the energy with low carb so I just started adding rolled oats with cold almond milk about a few hours before I work out. How long have you been doing Strong Curves? I use to do Strong Lifts 5x5 and it felt as if I wasn't doing enough. (there's only 3 exercises with SL). :)
  • pommid
    pommid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Italiana_xx79 i felt pretty great doing keto and strength training hand in hand - it is a good practice in being methodical with counting macros as well as your sets and PRs and whatnot. I aim for no carbs, but that's tough, the highest I'll go for is 30 grams. I mostly researched strength training and keto on reddit, r/ketogains. Usually the energy thing is about electrolytes, so I've read. I think experimenting helps one find what works for oneself the best. I'm only on bootyful beginnings with strong curves! Really, I am still playing around with what works for me. Usually the only thing I really need to succeed is other people to keep me feeling like it is a social benefit as well. SL5x5 got boring for me... I learned I really strangely love the deadlift. It makes me feel like I'm preparing to fight a shark!! Anyway, I'll be adding you :) Looking forward to cheer ya'all on our journeys!! ^.^
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thank you @hearttoheart ... I May try carb cycling around my workouts and if that doesn't work, I'll just stick to low carb. Mine is usually around 30-40. But if I keep them around 30 everyday, I end up really tired and don't have the energy to workout. I guess we'll all have to play around and see what works best for us. :)
  • Appeysappeys
    Appeysappeys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also starting keto and c25k! 35 pounds to go.
    Let's be buddies :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't do keto, but I love Strong Curves and would be interested to see your results with keto while running the program since I have never heard it being done this way. Do you do TKD/CKD to help with your gym performance?