Day 2

Options
LowKee84
LowKee84 Posts: 21 Member
Hey all.

So I joined yesterday on advice from my gym manager. I was trying to lose weight and it turned out I was living in approx 800-900 calories a day out of my required 2300.

So yesterday was the first day in ages I've eaten so much... it felt great but at the same time in the back of my head theres a little voice telling me I'm going to undo all the work I've done.

I've been eating well today too but I'm all honesty I've just felt bloated and like I'm forcing good down. It's weird but I don't feel very hungry but as soon as I start eating I get really hungry... maybe it's where I've pretty much starved myself for months.

Anyone in/been in similar situation?

Replies

• LowKee84
    Options
    Well I'm 586 calories away from my goal and frankly, I don't care! I feel like I'm about to give birth at any minute.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Imagine how "The Rock" feels, He does 4200 calories a day. lol just thinking about it hurts my sides.
  • LowKee84
    Options
    Damn that's a lot of food.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose, you want to eat less than your required amount. The required amount is how much for you to stay at the weight your at. I eat 1500-1700 daily. Having said all that, don't force food into you if you genuinely aren't hungry.
  • LowKee84
    Options
    My maintenance intake is 2400, I'm eating around 1900 purely because I was eating so little for so long I can't eat anymore than that.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If you choose to go the route of adding some calories to your week, here are some suggestions:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses
  • LowKee84
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you have tried to lose weight but not lost weight, you haven't eaten too little. You may think that you have eaten 800-900 calories per day, but there are a number of ways you can have estimated wrong, and a "cheat" day here and there can easily wipe out many days of undereating.

If you are afraid to eat, you can feel like you'd have to force yourself to eat. Please be kind to yourself. You need to eat. Eating is good.

Eating can set off appetite, this is quite normal.

Log correctly and make sure you are both hitting your calories and eating balanced and varied. Don't eat just "diet food", or special food. Eat normal food and food you like. You can eat anything you want, as long as you get in proper nutrition (everything you need but not too much).