400-600 calorie dinner recipes

Options
Jennernichole
Jennernichole Posts: 7 Member
Hey everyone! I am starting Isagenix Monday and I need dinner recipes that are between 400-600 calories. I know I'll get tired of just eating chicken and veggies all the time, so I thought I'd ask for some help. Also, snack ideas! Thank you for your support!

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    steak and veggies?

Any recipe can be 400-600 calories if you portion it out. Pretty much any "recipe for one" type thing would work.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Looking back through my diary, the past couple weeks I have had the following dinners under 600 calories:

4oz grilled pork chop with Asian Bok Choy and Mushroom Stir fry and long grain and wild rice blend
    Bobby Flay's Greek chicken (using boneless breast)
    Vegetable and Shrimp Red Curry with Basmati Rice
    Grilled Jerk sword fish with sweet potato and sauteed spinach
    Steelhead trout with mushroom risotto
    Aidell's roasted garlic and gruyere cheese chicken sausage with a Greek salad
    Spinach and sundried tomato turkey meatloaf with whipped potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables
    Shredded chicken and masa stuffed poblano chiles with avocado slices
    Blackened shrimp tacos with spicy slaw and avocado with sauteed corn, zucchini and cherry tomatos

I also like the Skinnytaste.com website for recipe ideas
  • chstudio
    chstudio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Isagenix on Monday!
    I agree with the responses above. Also, check out cooking.nytimes.com for a free trove of recipes. Search for healthy recipes, though lots of the "regular" recipes are okay too. Sometimes I reduce the amount of fat in cooking with no problem, and watch portion size.
    One of my current favorites - roasted asparagus and scallion salad. Also chicken with tomatoes and capers, served with brown rice and salad. Log every ingredient and you can determine what portion size keeps you under 600.
    Good luck!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Grilled Jerk sword fish

Now that is a great idea :o
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    That's like...any dinner.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary, I usually eat around 600 for dinner and typically around 400 for lunch.
  • JCotie
    JCotie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You'll love isagenix! I grill turkey burgers(no bun) and add diced avocado on top! Sautéed mushrooms as a side or steamed sweet potatoes- mash them and add some Greek yogurt and dash of cinnamon
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You can make any dinner 400-600 calories. This week I'm planning on doing grilled hamburgers with probably a pasta salad, veggie, and potato of some sort. Grilled chicken breast, same sides. Stir fry with chicken And rice. Can't think of a third, that'll probably be enough to get us til next weekend.

Last week I made meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy. And green beans. We also did spaghetti.