Help!

Options
I'm scared. I've started and stopped my weight loss efforts so many times. I've been saying I'm going to lose weight forever. It makes me feel like a failure. I'm mad at myself that I can't just eat normally or in moderation. Once I start snacking, I always have to binge and go nuts. Today I started myfitnesspal again. (I have stopped and started a few times.) I had three healthy meals and I felt full. Then I started snacking right before bed. I don't know why. I wasn't even hungry. Now I'm really mad at myself. I know I'm supposed to move on but I can't let it go. I'm telling myself it wasn't all that bad and I can try again tomorrow. I'm just scared that I will never lose the weight.

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If it wasnt hunger, what triggered the snacking?

Was it someone else in the house starting it? was there something emotional/stress related? boredom? because the food was there?

If you can figure out what is causing the hunger-less snacking it will go a long way to finding the right path to stopping it.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Make the commitment to yourself and don't look back. Pre portion your snacks or buy individual packs so you don't go overboard. Never eat on couch.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Personally, as the name says, I'm an emotional eater. So, when I feel frustrated, happy, sad, bored ... I used to turn to food for comfort or something to do. This is such a hard habit to break, but what I do in tough situations now is drink water, or go for a walk, read .. Something to take the place of my nasty habit until I can get control of my emotions again. Once you're over the hump, the "need" seems to dissipate.

Don't beat yourself up too badly.. We are all in this together! Hold yourself accountable, log EVERYTHING so you have no excuses. Get a buddy system! Make friends that you can share struggles and goal with .. Let them help you.

Wishing you the best of luck, but most of all .. DON'T GIVE UP =)
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If it wasnt hunger, what triggered the snacking?

Was it someone else in the house starting it? was there something emotional/stress related? boredom? because the food was there?

If you can figure out what is causing the hunger-less snacking it will go a long way to finding the right path to stopping it.

This. Once you figure out what caused it you can stop it.

I used to have a big problem with eating just because I wanted said food item (even if I was full) and eating because I was bored. It was usually mostly easy snack food or junk food. I wasn't going to get up and fix a whole plate of food and eat that for example. I found the best thing to do was to stop buying the stuff. I switched all my usual snack food out for nuts, fruits, and veggies. Way less likely to eat that stuff just cause.
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I want to applaud you for your continuing to try. Alot of people​ give up and never try again.
    Have you seen a Dr and had a physical? Do you have a goal to work towards? ie get healthy, lose weight, or get physically​ fit.
    When you have those items in place you can formulate a plan to put into​ action.
    You will be more committed to staying on track then.
    Best of luck.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Start off just logging for a couple weeks without worrying about when and how much you go over. Tjis will give you a good baseline while you get used to logging. Try to measure everything now. After a few days, you will be able to see your pattern's and figure out how to budget realistically. THEN you can start worrying about how much per seving, or whether you REALLY want that second Dove bar.