New here desperate to lose weight :(

Options
walters1996
walters1996 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys new here, I'm my own worst enemy and Im the biggest I've ever been and it's really starting to get me down but I need a kick up the bum instead of moping around, any advice any mates that would be cool, cheers guys :)<3

Replies

• LanaMua
    LanaMua Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just start is my advice :) even if you don't want to. Your guaranteed to feel so much better even after a brisk walk for 30 min. And be consistent. Good luck ☺
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP :) My best advice would be to take it one day at a time (and even one meal at a time). Also, enjoy the process!! :) Best of luck crushing your goals! You got this!
  • walters1996
    walters1996 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, thank you for the comments, such a hard emotional battle at the moment but will take on your advice. Thank you :)<3
  • Rognvaldr
    Rognvaldr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Deciding to do something about it is the hardest step.

On May 19th, I hit 303 lbs and that was my do something moment. I've gone to a doctor and she had me start the Glycemic Index diet. (http://www.the-gi-diet.org/whatisthegidiet/) I mostly follow the diet. I moderate the Hi glycemic foods.

I saw the doctor on May 31st and officially began my diet on June 1st. ( I weighed 296 then)

My goal is to lose 100 lbs (in a year or so. It took awhile to gain it and it will take time to lose it.)

I was told by my doctor to make sure that:
    - I eat within one hour of waking.
    - drink plenty of water.
    - never go more than 4 hours without eating.
    - consume at least 30g of protein 3 times daily. (studies show that you are less likely to lose muscle)
    - I have to take a prescribed appetite suppressant once a day (not sure I like that but I'm doing it). I went to the doctor for help (which was hard for me), so should listen and follow instructions (at least initially). Note: You should work with your doctor and be active in the decisions. Don't be shy about asking questions.
    - use a food diary (myfitnesspal.com has a great one.)
    - start minimal physical activity. (park further from the store, use stairs when safe and practical, etc.)
    - weigh in with the doctor once every two weeks.

and that's where I'm at now. ( I weighed 282.4 today, June 7th) I'm eating 1200 - 1700 calories a day. I'm probably not eating enough carbs though. I'll check with the doctor next week.

I'm not starving myself and keep track of what I eat using the My Fitness Pal food diary.

Good luck on your journey.

If you like, I can share my journal with you if your think it would help. Just let me know.

I felt like you do now when I decided to start doing something about my weight.

Whats the adage? "Progress, not perfection."