Getting skin surgery after 140 lb loss

Options
kimcalica
kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
Hi!! I used mfp to lose my weight. 140 lbs, in 8 days, I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck to get rid of my excess skin. Just looking for some friends that have either been there, know someone, or are possibly going there themselves that can help me out through my experience. Mfp support was amazing with those mental gymnastics that nobody on Facebook or in my life has the energy for!

Replies

• suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WTG girl! You are AH-MAZING!!!
  • tytuione77
    tytuione77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah! That's inspiring! I have my goals. I know when I reach them I will need the same surgery. Congratulations on your life change!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    I'll probably be doing a fair amount of oversharing so you'll probably learn a lot from me lmao
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Incredible job. Way to go!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Your outfits are so cute in your after pics :) And oversharing is great, for those of us who will have to face the same challenges at the end of our journey ^_^ Good luck!
  • Tugsandpull
    Tugsandpull Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost 190# had skin removal and hernia repair so I was in hospital for a week a tummy tuckprobably wont be bad at all you look great congrats if you want add me on fb Andrew martin
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look great! Ther was a thread last week about this, a lot of people shared their experience. Ill see if I can fine it.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck after losing. It's going to be an emotional roller coaster :) There will be a time during recovery you question yourself about why you did this. 3/6 months into recovery you are going to be happy you did it! :wink:
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    140 lbs in 8 days!!! I'm not sure that's healthy.

But congrats on the loss :-)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

LOL. It took me a second read the first time too. Change the punctuation....

Hi!! I used mfp to lose my weight, 140 lbs. In 8 days, I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck to get rid of my excess skin.
  • jeremysnana54
    jeremysnana54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and best wishes on your surgery. I am wondering how long it took you to lose the weight, and how long you have been maintaining before getting the surgery.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Congratulations and best wishes on your surgery. I am wondering how long it took you to lose the weight, and how long you have been maintaining before getting the surgery.

The brunt of it took about 3 years. It's been 7 total. I've done a lot of toning and maintenance since the loss. Still, the skin is not changing.
  • kimcalica
    Options

Can't figure out how to edit it lol.. I'm sure people are smart enough to figure out my mistake
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I am contemplating doing the same but it will cost much more than I can afford so it will take me a while to save up. Well done :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    How was/is the recovery going?
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, please please give us updates.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

If I read the post correctly, it hasn't happened just yet. Praying for your safe surgery.
  • kimcalica
    Options

Surgery is on the 15th..

Right now I'm on an anti inflammatory diet. That's going well. I'm in good spirits, I have a lot of help and support around the house.. I'm hoping the recovery will be smooth.. I will keep u guys posted here and on my feed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!