My breakfast is my biggest meal.

Options
MoonIite
MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
I noticed that my breakfast is always my biggest meal of the day, up to 500 calories. Anyone else like me? :laugh:

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I don't do that, but I've heard it's a good strategy. Gives you the whole day to use those calories.
  • megankayden
    megankayden Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is too, It keeps me from wanting to snack and I feel it is the best meal to do that, I used to just have coffee or a ceral bar, now I need and want the good "hearty" breakfast :)
  • ♥Mjohnson76♥
    Options
    Most important meal of the day..heard u should intake most of ur calories in the a.m. so u have all day to burn them off!!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat 1330 a day without exercise, and breakfast is usually around 500 of those.
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Yep, Yep, Yep.....Big Breakfast!!! :drinker: It's working GREAT for me! :wink:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually about 1/3 of my daily gross calories.
  • sonpari24
    sonpari24 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yes mine is tooo n i just noticed today that when i have good breakfast i eat less whole day n i dont have cravings for snacks....i m also thinking of making it more good n healthy n skipping lunch or dinner
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I always hear that breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, as food = fuel, and it starts your day off fueled appropriately.
    Then you top off the tank as you go along.

I tested this, recently, but without really knowing it. The great thing about being a wee complusive about logging, you can go back and see trends. And I have indeed found that if I eat a bigger, more calorie/protein/fat laden "breakfast" (it's at noon...I work a weird shift, and so my eating times are rather odd), I often have a big hellasalad for "lunch" (about 6pm) and a relatively light "dinner" about midnight. With snacks in the middle including raw veggies and such, I am never hungry and my energy level is consistent through the day. By the time the day is done I frequently feel just plain sick of eating. At 6'1", build like your average linebacker, and formerly 320 pounds, I don't put up with "hungry" too often, and only recently understood the idea of "sick of eating."

Days like today, I get a bit of excess energy, so I drag my mountain bike out into the thick Arkansas summer, and blast off a couple hundred calories in under 15 minutes. Rest of the day is smooooooth and strong, yo.

On odd days when I eat a light breakfast, like a protein bar only, I'm starving and puny by lunch, eat whatever crap I can find, and then eat a big honking dinner right before bed. And wake up feeling rather sodden the next day.

Interesting, eh?

So, in too many words: eat a big breakfast, feel goooood!
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    always my biggest meal! and my favorite meal! i cant wait to eat it in the morning lol
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is around 500 or so calories as well. I like to eat a big breakfast because it gives me fuel throughout the day as most have already stated. You aren't the only one! :smile:
  • nguyenedward
    nguyenedward Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    always my biggest meal! and my favorite meal! i cant wait to eat it in the morning lol

I know, right? I be laying in bed thinking about what to eat in the morning! :laugh:
  • Rexrabbit
    Rexrabbit Posts: 3
    Options
    My breakfast is right at or a bit under a third of my daily calories, and I eat basically the same thing every single day. (The only variation is the fruit.) It's often the biggest meal (I do eat a snack once or twice a day).

And I too am always ready for it in the morning - it's a motivator to get out of bed :)
  • Zerbertkisses
    Zerbertkisses Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So, what do you guys eat for breakfast? I need ideas!

I'm a stay at home Mom and usually either have cereal or a cereal bar and my coffee. On the weekends when hubby isn't working we usually have a big breakfast... I'm usually bad about not even having breakfast, but I've been really trying to make myself eat something!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear some breakfast ideas as well! It's always my hardest meal!
  • gauberger
    gauberger Posts: 3
    Options
    Same here, about 1/3 of calories on breakfast.

I've been eating Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt every morning for many years and can't seem to get tired of it. You can buy the huge container at Costco.

Only 120 Calories, no fat and 20g of protein. Sprinkled with Roasted Flaxseed and a touch of honey it's a great breakfast staple.

I usually eat that along with some wholegrain cereals with almond milk or a piece of bread with jam and butter and of course a cup of black espresso :)
  • raure
    raure Posts: 6
    Options
    You betcha! Breakfast is my favorite! I hit about 500 cals at breakfast, 400 at lunch, and about 350 at dinner (which I eat around 6pm). The rest of my 1470 cals is dispersed through the day as whole food snacks.
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    My breakfast today was the biggest meal but I think it'll vary because I don't eat the same thing every morning. I like to switch from cereal to an egg on a bagel (I've been really obsessed with cutting up chives into my egg and it makes it have a slightly oniony favor without the huge onion) and pancakes/french toast. I also like having oatmeal with milk (instead of water) with a dash of cinnamon, a tbs of honey and a TON of raisins (I prefer the darker ones). Then my last is vanilla yogurt with a little cinnamon, a 1/2 cup of grape nuts and 3 to 4 strawberries. I switch everyday with these.

I'd love to hear what everyone else eats too!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is always the same :heart:

Oatmeal
    Almond Milk
    Bananas or Strawberries (sometimes both)
    Peanut Butter

This keeps me full until lunchtime. I usually have 400 cal lunch and 350 cal dinner. The extra cals I set aside for snacks.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    yep. because when I don't I find myself struggling with too many calories at the end of the day
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people putting peanut butter in their breakfast diaries along with oatmeal... so do folk stir it in or what? Just it's something new for me!