Daily Nutritional % Question for 100 + lbs to lose

Options
Hello. I have more than 100lbs to lose. My current goals are set at:

Carbs 45%
Fat 20%
Protein 35%

I am 5'9 and female. I try to exercise (cardio) three times a week for 20-30 minutes. Do my percentages seem about right? I would welcome any suggestions that you might have on nutrition and exercise.

Thanks and good luck to all!!!!

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Bump
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I started with about 83-90lbs to lose (I'm down 69lbs so far, in about 10 days short of 1 year).

Those numbers will likely work for you for a long time. I've just recently changed my stuff to be the 40/30/30 that's really recommended.

In the beginning I found that as long as I ate my calories given by MFP (since there is a deficit already built in) I lost weigh at a fairly consistent pace. The farther along I went the more WHAT I ate started to matter but it was easier for me to tweak things then because I'd already learned how to eat better.

Good luck! Know that this is not a quick fix and there will be bad days/weeks and that's okay, the important part is to keep plugging along!
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help and advice!! And CONGRATS on your 69lb weight loss!! That is excellent!!
  • Demoneia
    Demoneia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose too. I honestly don't look at my daily nutritional % that much. I don't worry about protein too much as long as I'm not overdoing it (because I know at a certain point it just gets converted to fat). I like to keep fat levels low. I feel like if I get too focused on all the little tiny details of eating then I wont keep up with my diet because I'll get tired of the nitty gritty details, especially since I have a lot to lose! So props to you and stay motivated =D
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose too. I honestly don't look at my daily nutritional % that much. I don't worry about protein too much as long as I'm not overdoing it (because I know at a certain point it just gets converted to fat). I like to keep fat levels low. I feel like if I get too focused on all the little tiny details of eating then I wont keep up with my diet because I'll get tired of the nitty gritty details, especially since I have a lot to lose! So props to you and stay motivated =D

You don't have to worry about too much protein until you hit over 300g of protein a day. MFP has protein set a little low actually if you search the forums you'll see a lot of threads about it.

At my current weight and set at the 40/30/30 ratio I should eat 145g of protein a day, which is something I do shoot for and even hit more days than not.
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!!! I appreciate it!