lettuce wraps!

Options
kaybrose730
kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
Im looking for some super easy lettuce wrap I can make! Anyone got something semi quick and easy and yummy?! :)

Replies

• idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have slow cooked pork (naked) and then eaten them wrapped in lettuce. If you slow cook it naked you can take the pork in as many different ways as you can imagine. Very yummy and hard to get tired of! :)
  • montiy
    montiy Posts: 32
    Options
    Pretzels in lettuce. Yum.... :) OK, so you may not like it, but I do. :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    shredded chicken, cole slaw mix dry, hot sauce, corn, salsa mixed up and stuffed in said lettuce...

ooh, i just made that up on the fly and now i think i know what THIS GIRL is making this week :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options

you lie. how does this even taste good? :)
  • Jthurston1
    Jthurston1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been wrapping just about everything in lettuce leaves! Last night I sautéed green peppers, onions,myellow peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes with a fajita seasoning. Spooned the veggie mix in lettuce leaves and Topped them with wholly guacamole! Fahitas...without the tortillas's...so yummy and filling and healthy!

I also made Mango chicken lettuce wraps...about 1.5 lbs chicken breast, 5 TBS of mango jam or preserves (or apricot or peach), 3 TBS low sodium soy sauce, dash of crushed red pepper, 2 whole jalepeno's, 2 cucumbers diced, 1 onion diced, 2 garlic cloves crushed and diced, aprox. 1 inch cube of ginger root crushed and diced, 2 TBS of sweet chili sauce....dump it all in a crockpot, cook on low 4 to 6 hours, shred the chicken and remove the 2 jalepeno's...serve in lettuce leaves topped with diced fresh mangos!! So good!
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The other day I made lettuce wraps with some avocado and whatever veggies I had around & it was so good!
    Just mash some avocado in a bowl then add some diced tomatoes, diced jalapeno pepper, minced garlic, diced red onion, some corn, then sprinkle on some fresh cilantro and a few squirts of lime...mix all up and spread onto lettuce leaf. I happened to use butter lettuce. Sorry I didn't measure it out..just threw it all together :)
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can also make a less salty and fatty version of PF Chang's lettuce cups by sauteing ground turkey with some low sodium soy sauce, shredded carrots, water chestnuts chopped, chopped mushroom, chopped green peppers, and Mrs. Dash origional seasoning. Then you place in lettuce leaves. I sometimes top mine with some cooked rice noodles, they can also be left off. I have used sesame oil to saute the filling too.
  • andreasperry
    Options
    bump
  • Dreierkar
    Dreierkar Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been wrapping just about everything in lettuce leaves! Last night I sautéed green peppers, onions,myellow peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes with a fajita seasoning. Spooned the veggie mix in lettuce leaves and Topped them with wholly guacamole! Fahitas...without the tortillas's...so yummy and filling and healthy!

I also made Mango chicken lettuce wraps...about 1.5 lbs chicken breast, 5 TBS of mango jam or preserves (or apricot or peach), 3 TBS low sodium soy sauce, dash of crushed red pepper, 2 whole jalepeno's, 2 cucumbers diced, 1 onion diced, 2 garlic cloves crushed and diced, aprox. 1 inch cube of ginger root crushed and diced, 2 TBS of sweet chili sauce....dump it all in a crockpot, cook on low 4 to 6 hours, shred the chicken and remove the 2 jalepeno's...serve in lettuce leaves topped with diced fresh mangos!! So good!

Sounds yummy!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Starkist makes a sweet and spicy tuna packet you can make an easy lettuce wrap.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options

you lie. how does this even taste good? :)
    i love pretzels with lettuce and fat free italian zesty dressing yummy
  • Tinasmythe
    Tinasmythe Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    They all sound good... I would even try the pretzel too. Will have to put these on the menu soon! Thanks
  • McRebecca
    McRebecca Posts: 72
    Options
    I made peiweis style lettuce wraps last night...

2 chicken breasts.. chopped up small
    2 cups chopped mushrooms
    1 cup chopped onions
    1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp oyseter sauce if you hav it or terriyaki sauce
    Lettuce cups
    (Optionals) crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes, sprouts.. whatever you like really!

Cooked the meat, added the veggies.. cooked it to my desired consistancy.. placed in lettuce! Even my kids loved them!!

I also throw turkey, cheese in lettuce!