In need of non-dairy, no-soy, no-cook, quiet breakfast ideas

Options
I know this is really narrowing the window on what's available to eat, but I get up at 4am for work and don't want to wake up the rest of the house microwaving something (our microwave makes SO MUCH NOISE), blending something, or cooking something. In the past this has meant cereal with non-fat milk, but milk and I aren't friends any more and the other "milks" don't stack up in terms of protein.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Meat.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you make something the night before? do you have access to a microwave at work?

I make a pretty good frittata - mix egg whites and whole eggs, dice up some veggies and meat, then cook it and eat during the course of the week - works well cold and warm
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have cereal and nut milk (or soy or whatever) and a protein shake
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hb eggs or egg muffins
    Cereal with protein shake for milk.
  • jarmy33
    jarmy33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have blended my homemade protein shakes the night before. Some items like kale can get gelatinous, be warned. But spinach, berries, protein, almond/coconut milk and water mixes pretty easy the next morning.

Wrap sliced turkey and cheese in a small tortilla and have hard-boiled eggs on hand. Or peanut butter, almonds, raisins, drizzle of honey wrapped in a tortilla
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I became lactose intolerant and stopped drinking milk for years. If you are hard core for real milk you can get the lactose free (lactaid) brand or you can also get a small treatment to place in regular milk. I tried almond milk at my daughters suggestion and decided I liked it. It also as fewer calories and tastes good in my oatmeal. If the micro is too noisy you could try an egg. I have and egg ring and like to cook an egg and put it on a toasted english muffin with a slice of swiss cheese & bacon.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Bread, ham, lettuce. Apple.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    A banana and a couple of hard boiled eggs; or guacamole on toast. Oatmeal pack with hot water from the kettle added.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Protein bar. High-protein cereal with the almond/cashew milk. Hard-boiled eggs prepared the night before. Apple with peanut butter.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Raw oatmeal with 100 cal fruit cocktail. It's delicious and I wish I had some now..
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with almond milk, strawberries, scoop of plant based protein powder
  • masaku_88
    masaku_88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try over night oats made with silk almond plus protein. Its made with pea protein no dairy no soy but a punch of protein.

Basic recipe

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 cup non dairy beverage
    1 tbs chia seeds (more protein and omega fatty acids)
    Fruit of choice (personally I like peaches or mango)

Mix up the night before store in the fridge and the magic happens while you sleep. This oatmeal is meant to be eaten cold from the fridge.

Or you can use a crock pot (cooks silently) and use steel cut oats and a harder fruit like apples and set it to cook on low before bed.

Big batch

1 cup steel cut oats
    2 cups water
    2 cup non dairy
    3 chopped apples
    3 tbs chia seed (topping)

Before bed combine all ingredients except the chia seeds into crock pot. Use low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Breakfast will be ready when you wake up. Top each portion with some chia seeds (more protein)

If you have a crock pot im sure there are all sorts of recipes for breakfast that would meet your requirements.
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    I do a similar oatmeal.

In an 8 oz. mason jar

1/2 cup of rolled oats
    1 TBS chia seeds

Whatever flavoring you want
    Cinnamon and raisins
    Cherry and cardamom
    Peanut butter and banana
    Maple and brown sugar

Put all in mason jar. Shake up to blend. Add hot water and let steep for 3-4 minutes. Stir and eat.
  • bringingsexyback2007
    bringingsexyback2007 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats that you assemble and just put in the fridge and it is ready in the morning! I use almond milk in place of regular for non-dairy.
  • pookiefatcat
    pookiefatcat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like a sandwich that I make with PB2, grated Carrots and Montreal steak spice. You can of course use regular PB if you prefer.
    The Carrots give a nice crunch and extra vitamins to a boring PB sandwich.

Or just have a PB and J on your choice of bread!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'd probably have a sandwich. If you prefer breakfast foods, egg salad with bacon. If not, Turkey, tuna, roast beef etc. Have it open faced and add plenty of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado if you want fewer starches.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich/toast, fruit& cheese
  • teenbeanthefruitbat
    teenbeanthefruitbat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fruit with avocado toast / almond milk w kashi cereal or w/e / acai bowls / smoothies w greens chia seeds and mixed fruit / there's so much out there tbh check Pinterest. You could probably get dairy and soy free yogurt too and make a parfait with berries and granola.
  • LovelyLadyLook
    LovelyLadyLook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Almond milk in a protein shake may qualify. I also add a banana to thicken my shakes. So quick and easy! Takes a few seconds to blend. Great for on the go too.