Post op Bariatric Lifestyle

Options
Hello, this is my first time posting anything. I've been using this app for a long time. I'm 2 weeks post op for my Bariatric surgery. Looking for support, success stories, and just other people's experiences adapting to this new lifestyle.

Replies

• quiltymom2002
    quiltymom2002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wish you a speedy recovery. Im not sure of your procedure. Good job on posting 1st time
  • Jaxson0215
    Jaxson0215 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I had the gastric sleeve surgery. Getting a little stronger each day. Trying to get adjusted to eating. I still get cravings but I've been good.
  • Autobionano89
    Autobionano89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaxson0215 I wish you a speedy recovery and hope all is well. I am having the vertical sleeve done next Thursday and I'm so scared. I'm currently on the pre-op diet and I feel like I'm dying (not literally). I would love and advice you would like to share.
  • ElviGar
    ElviGar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello all... Well i too am preparing myself for the gastric sleeve come September just keeping up with my appts for now and regular visits with dietician. Im anxious and nervous at the same time. The liquid diet before the surgery is something i will have to prepare myself for and hope i make it thru it and the changes ive read that follow after the procedure, not just physically but relationship wise aswell. Not that it would really matter anymore for the fact that my 4 yr relationship ended and alot of it had to do with the fact he said he was going to be to insecure if i continued with the weight loss. I just focused on the fact that it would benefit my health and make me a healthier better mom for my children aswell. Im sure it'll be worth it in the end and im just trying to stay as positive as i can.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, My doctor has suggested Bariatric surgery but I need to quit smoking and stay smoke free for about 6 months before I would be considered for the surgery. Would anyone have any suggestions for me or advise for me, insight on pre & post surgery, pro's con's anything would help.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 months post op! Over 100lbs down. Best decision ever!! Good luck on your journey.
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the preop phase, surgery is scheduled for July 12th! I'm having bpdds, hoping to lose 150 lbs of excess weight. Wishing you the best of luck in your journey!
  • 19Nicole_C76
    19Nicole_C76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me i had gastric bypass Dec 29 2016
  • Jaxson0215
    Jaxson0215 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a question, past week I find myself a little hungry at night. Instead of eating food I find myself eating a bunch of sugar free popsicles. Anyone else rely on them? Some say it's a fluid and you can eat a bunch. Anyone have a take on this?
  • krom88
    krom88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can do it i was 365lbs had the bypass 10/17/2007 and did a triathlon july 2008 stay strong