working out at night?

Options
Hey everyone , I am wondering something.I work out at Curves Monday-Friday and I bought the 6 week six pack dvd today , wanting to do that as well , I am going to do it saturday and sunday but feel it would get better results if I done it more often.I am wondering if working out at night is safe long as it isn't before bed.Can fit both into scheldrule if I do that , just making sure it is safe to work out at night.Any info is very appreciated , thanks =)

Replies

• andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    it shouldn't be a problem, except for exercising can boost your energy levels for anywhere from 2-4 hours, so it depends on how close to bed you're exercising.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Of course it is safe to do exercise at night ;)
    Some people find that it keeps them awake if they do exercise x amount of hours before bed, some people (like me) could go for a massive run have a shower and go straight to sleep.
    Try it and see if it bothers you. If you have issues going to sleep at your normal time maybe rethink then. Give it a go though.
  • MzBarasha
    MzBarasha Posts: 3
    Options
    Exercising should increase your energy level. So you may experience a problem winding down for the evening.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Personally I should not work out too late - energy burst - means not sleeping!!

Other than that I work out at least twice a week between 7pm and 8pm - at the latest I am done by 8:15 pm, and that is not an issue for me....

I make sure I eat a snack an hour or two before I work out, a protein shake when I am done, and that I can eat dinner within 45mins of getting home.... still means I only eat dinner at 9pm on those days - but hey - the way I look at it - must be healthier to actually work out than to eat a bit late ;-)
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I work out at night because I work during the day. I have no problems. When I get a good work out in I shower and I am ready for bed because I am tired from the work out. I dont see a problem with working out at night. It just depends on the person.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I do P90X workouts at night, because if I didnt, they wouldnt get done! I always have exercised at night. I agree with the energy bit though.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hours (7a-7p) so on days I work I have to workout at night. It makes me work harder if I haven't had the best day and it is a stress reliever. It does give an energy boost at times, so I would try to be finish 2 hours before bedtime if you decide to
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    It keeps me awake ALL night so I can't do it, but many people can.
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    thanksso much I don't see it boosting my energy just making sure it was safe , thanks =)
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I workout before I go to bed...and I have the best sleep EVER during those times.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol

you can workout anytime you want..its not unsafe
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I've always been the type of person to do things late at night (I've cleaned many times during the night hours) so exercising at night is just another thing to add to this. I prefer it because it's like the last thing to do after eating well. For me, it's like the icing on the cake of a great day =]
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    awesme that works out good cause I work out at curves during the day monday-friday then at night would be perfect give me the day after my daytime workout to relax then at night tow ork out and wow that was definetly a myth then =)
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I've always been the type of person to do things late at night (I've cleaned many times during the night hours) so exercising at night is just another thing to add to this. I prefer it because it's like the last thing to do after eating well. For me, it's like the icing on the cake of a great day =]

I'm a night owl. Working out at night works best for me, doesn't keep me up, and I sleep great. Icing! ;)
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    awesome glad to hear that , i'd say i'll sleep good I just don't see an intense workout giving me energy so I think i'll get a great nights sleep , plus I heard the 6 week six pack that I bought was very intense so prob be very tired after , gonna start it tomm nite
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    definetly want a 6 pack so bad!want to lose belly fat so bad , lol