Question

Options
How come Livestrong.com is telling me to eat 1609 calories a day and MFP is telling me to have 1243? I plugged in the same info to each website.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    MFP does not include your exercise calories in your daily total expecting you to eat the calories you burn from exercise. The exercise intentions you enter are meant for goal setting, not for calculating your daily calories. If you eat your exercise calories your MFP total will likely be close to the livestrong total.
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    MFP does not include your exercise calories in your daily total expecting you to eat the calories you burn from exercise. The exercise intentions you enter are meant for goal setting, not for calculating your daily calories. If you eat your exercise calories your MFP total will likely be close to the livestrong total.
    That doesnt make a difference... I've put in no excercise in both, and did the same for me too...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    That is usually the difference between MFP and other sites. I don't use Livestrong, so I don't know what estimator they are using. Always remember though that it is all estimates.
  • amandaterp
    amandaterp Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for your help!
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    The websites apparently use very different algorithms to set goals.

I don't use Livestrong, but after reading your post I checked it out and the goal for me was about 100 higher on Livestrong than MFP if I had set activity level set at Sedentary, and 300 higher set at Light Activity level.

I have MFP set to lose 2 pounds per week, with Sedentary activity level, I am typically a couple hundred calories under my daily goal, and for the last 60 days have averaged about 2.5 pounds per week, so I'd say MFP is pretty close for me.