BREAD!!

Options
Is eating wheat bread bad ? I saw another poster say they're currently reading a book called Wheat Belly. I used to eat a lot of white bread and deli rolls. Since I changed my diet 7 weeks ago I only eat stone ground wheat bread and the occasional wheat roll for a sandwich. I just love sandwiches in general and don't want to give them up completely. But I only eat turkey now instead of ham. Is that going to affect weight loss around the belly ?

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Nothing is inherently "bad." You can continue to eat sandwiches, and it won't hinder your weight loss if it fits into your plan. If you are gluten intolerant or Celiac, you should avoid wheat. If not, it's not a problem.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I always work it into my calories. Haven't gone over yet.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much bread anymore but only because it doesn't keep me full. If I eat too much bread, I get really hungry really quickly. Grits are a little better and I eat them pretty often because I enjoy them but stuff like veggies or even oatmeal stick with me better. If you enjoy bread, it keeps you satisfied, and it fits within your calorie budget, there is no reason to deprive yourself. If you stay within your budget, you will lose weight.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Don't be part of the "worried well".

Lol Thanks. I'll try not to be.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Wheat is one of the great staple foods. Wholewheat bread is an excellent source of protein and carbohydrate. It's low in fat, high in fibre, filling and tasty. I'd make at least one 50g slice a day part if your diet basic.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    "Wheat Belly" is trash. If YOU don't have a problem with wheat, then, well, you don't have a problem with it. Don't let anybody sell you an illness you didn't have to begin with.

Also, foods don't affect belly fat. It's just fat. You lose it like you lose the fat on the rest of your body:calorie deficit.

QFT.
  • Lesgamble
    Lesgamble Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eating white bread isn't bad, but eating home made wholemeal/quinoa/linseed loaves is much betterer!!
    Nom Nom Nom :):)

bplm3fhxm0l7.jpg
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the ham either for the record
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have bread 4-7 days a week as a part of my daily calories. No problems.

Unless you have celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity there is nothing wrong with bread consumption.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it is fine to eat bread. :) I've lost 60 pounds and I regularly eat bread, wheat products, and carbs in general.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can eat both bread and ham! Nothing bad will happen. Just stay within your calorie goals. Honestly... deli ham and deli turkey have pretty comparable calories, too.
  • lgill1127
    lgill1127 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories/macros - have at it!

I love bread but am eating even it less now than I ever have. Stopped buying loaves at the grocery store a couple months ago. Now, I stop at an awesome local bakery, pick up my loaf of everything wheat bread, slice it up, and keep it in the freezer for weekend brunch/occasional soup accompaniment. This way, I enjoy a higher quality bread less often and enjoy the heck out of it!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I recently bought Ezekeil bread in the frozen section. I read that it is healthier. It is just ok. I personally need, when I am done with my binging, to stop all the bread. For me, I can't stop at one piece and the butter is evil.