Meal prepping?

Options
Hello :) so I'm trying to figure out meals for the week and MFP gave me 2000 cals to use. I feel like that's a lot. Does that seem reasonable for someone that's 5'7 & 310 lbs? Last week I made eggs with veggies for bfast
Asparagus with roast beef sammich with spinach and small side salad .. dinner has been salad with chicken .. just been drinking water and unsweetened tea... it doesn't seem like it would come close to 2000 cals... any ideas on if that's too much or any ideas on the meal prepping stuff?

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your calories? Are you weighing and properly portioning your food? I am sure you are getting more than 2000 calories a week - per day, I trust? If MFP gave it to you, then trust it.

C'mon, you need to give us a lot more info than this......
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    2000 calories sounds just about right at your current weight. When you lose weight, you may have to reduce intake a bit.
    If you weigh and log everything you eat, you'll see how much it adds up to.
    I would recommend not thinking so much about meal prep - it's really just cooking in advance. I suggest making different things you like for each day. I rotate my dinners through the week (one "theme" for each day, but different dishes from week to week), that helps me. Your meals sound great, but you also need variety, for nutrition, but also to prevent getting bored.
  • JiggilypuffSinkavitch
    Options
    @cross2bear ... yes 2000 cals per day. I don't usually weigh the food I'll go by serving size on the package and I'll measure it out like that. I don't really know what to put with each meal I know you are supposed to eat veggies and protein so I've been just putting those together and calling it a meal lol
  • JiggilypuffSinkavitch
    Options
    @kommodevaran yea usually I would just make the same meals everyday for a week and then make something new the following weeks but was already getribg bored ..your way sounds better... thanks
  • ruthhowellwriter
    ruthhowellwriter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    According to MFP, I am allowed 1200 calories per day. I totally cut out sweets and bread and after doing that I find that I'm only using about 850 calories per day. So I guess that speaks to all the sweets I was eating. 2,000 calories a day sounds like a lot to me, but I guess it depends upon your current weight. I am really bad at meal prep. In fact, I usually don't even think about it until it's mealtime. I hate preparation, but I realize it's important in the scheme of things. Good luck.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was 310 at 5'4 when I started after having my daughter and I was eating 2500 ish and losing 2-3 lbs a week. try the 2000 calories for a month, if your losing too quickly add a few more in.

As for meals, you can really do anything you like. Today we had pork chops, grilled veggies and quinoa, yesterday was chicken burgers with avocado and a big green salad. :)
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sounds okay. make sure you get a little healthy fat, protein and carbs with your meals. Load up on non starchy veggies and do about 1/2-3/4c of a grain, or statch and 2-3 is protein and see how you feel.

Just cook up foods that are easy to throw together like chicken, rice, salad, sauteed veggies, etc.