Supplements??? Yes or No??? Which ones?? Confused???

Options
Hey guys, need some help. All the people I know who are in really good shape are on some type of supplements. I just don't know what to look for. Or if I should be looking at all??

I want to lose about 20 pounds while packing on some muscle, thats the goal. Should I be on anything??? Supplements??? Protein Powder??? Whey??? Creatine???

Whats your best advice in this area, because Im really confused and need some help.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    you don't need supplements at all. they do help when you're already working towards a specific goal. But there is no supplement that will do a whole lot. They only assist. Your best bet is a daily multivitamin. if you're just trying to lose 20 lbs. then do it without supplements. when you lose the 20 lbs then consider what your next goal is and then supplements could assist with that next goal.
  • cranda58
    cranda58 Posts: 11
    Options
    I would recommend at least looking into some whey protein for post-workout if you are looking to gain muscle. Do some research on pre and post workout nutrition to get the most out of your workouts. If you're looking to gain lean mass while you drop fat, pre and post workout meals will be your two most important of the day. Other than that, caffeine is always good - just don't overdo it.