Almonds ?

Options

Replies

• nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    I don't feel satisfied eating an amount that fits well into my calories, so I don't eat them much. I agree they are tasty and healthy though!!

This is why I eat the wasabi almonds. It's not easy to eat too many of those.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm eating some as I write this. It's one of my go-to afternoon snacks.
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I limit my nuts and seeds to 1oz per day. I enjoy almonds and walnuts. They seem to take the edge off when I'm tempting to stray in the afternoons. Sometimes I will add them to my salad as well.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Usually too many calories for me to choose them but I am taking them on my long flight tomorrow.
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I used sliced, raw almonds on my salads. Those cocoa almonds....phew! I can easily eat an entire bag!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Almonds are good for you, they are a healthy fat, they are a good protein and they fill you up. When I changed my lifestyle/eating habit I was working with a nutritionist to help lower my cholesterol through food instead of medication. She told me to eat almonds every day. Don't be afraid of healthy fats that are high in calories. Eating right is not about eating the things with the fewest of calories. I eat avocados, raw nuts, almond butter and olive oil every day and I have lost 61lbs in 6 months. Everything in moderation... Embrace the healthy fats your body needs them and they help to keep you full and satisfied for the long haul. Go eat some nuts! B)
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm eating them now! My afternoon snack today is 10g of almonds with ~100 grams of cucumber for about 75 calories. . . . along with 165 calories of watermelon (500g - which is a LOT).
  • LovelyLadyLook
    LovelyLadyLook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great source of protein. Yes, you still have to track the calories so you don't over consume them. My memory is that it is something like 28 almonds for 200 calories, so I would count out 16 almonds to record a 100 calorie snack. I've heard people make individual 100 calorie snack bags to keep their serving size right when grabbing and on the go.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I put sliced almonds on salads all the time to add a nice crunch.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Too high calorie for me. I can eat so much for the amount of calories in a serving of almonds. I DO really like them though. I could eat 6 servings so I just stay away from nuts really.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Blue diamond smokehouse almonds = best late afternoon snack. Kills the hunger and so tasty. Just make sure you weigh what you are eating because you can start eating too many.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Anyone ever had those Dill Pickle Almonds from Whole Foods? AKA Crack.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

WHHHAAAT?? *rushes to google*
  • bbell1985
    Options

They are stupid good. I can't really even describe it.
  • anagrath1
    anagrath1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat almonds pretty much everyday. I usually eat them with some beef jerky and it definitely satisfies my afternoon snack. I usually eat 15 almonds, around 100 cals and 5 pieces of beef jerky around 40-50)cals Great afternoon snack and all for under 150 cals.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Just sent an email to whole foods to see if they have any at the store near me. Its a bit of a drive but i would totally go to get some.

dill pickle chips have always been a weakness for me. I havent had any in at least 3 months and im starting to think i might need to find a way to fit a few in one day. If they have these almonds here too .. I am in trouble lol.
  • bbell1985
    Options

Just sent an email to whole foods to see if they have any at the store near me. Its a bit of a drive but i would totally go to get some.

dill pickle chips have always been a weakness for me. I havent had any in at least 3 months and im starting to think i might need to find a way to fit a few in one day. If they have these almonds here too .. I am in trouble lol.

lol I love that you emailed them already. Yeah...they are covered in seasoning. You will die.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I avoid them because they increase estrogen levels and I try not to interfere with my hormones since they're a huge factor in...well...everything. But definitely weight. I prefer raw walnuts. High in good fats (and calories), but worth it for the benefits.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Almonds are OK. I prefer walnuts.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Almonds are a part of my everyday diet. I make sure they fit with my calories by having calories left at the end of the day. I will have to adjust how many I have on any given day as to how many calories I have left. Same with cashews. I love macadamias more but they are too expensive to eat everyday :(