New to MFP

Options
Hi all,
I am new to MFP. I was losing weight on my own....287 to 252 in about 2 years. Started using a well-known weight loss program counting points. Stagnated for almost 2 months. I was following program to a tee, but still not losing weight. I think I was not eating enough food to shed lbs and fluctuated between 245 and 238, but when I attempted to eat more, I gained. I was going to gym 2-3 times per week..1 hour cardio and 1 hour strength training. I was also walking an hour 4-5 days per week. I am still up and down on scale, even though I see a difference in clothing fit. I am hoping this works. I am trying to get to 180 lbs. What I found on MFP, you get messages showing if you eat a certain amount, you will be at a certain weight by a certain date...I love this. It's encouraging.

Replies

• Rognvaldr
    Rognvaldr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I started on June 1st and love it. It keeps me focused. I'm on a glycemic diet http://www.the-gi-diet.org/whatisthegidiet/) . It is the most undietlike diet I've ever been on. Its worth checking out.

The people here are friendly and helpful. I think you'll like it here. I know I do.

Anyway, I've blathered enough. :)

Welcome.