Funnest way to exercise

Options
Angall08
Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
Besides all the normal exercising you do. What kind of exercising do you do for fun that burns some calories. Such as sports, dancing, rock climbing, swimming, hiking, ...ect???

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Big trampoline centres are popular here at the moment, I want to try that - my husband thinks I'll injure myself though!

Apparently it's good for lymphatic system and circulatory health
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Squash. Love it so much. Running round, into walls, bouncing off walls hehe being evil with sneaky drop shots when your opponent thought you were going to smash it. Lobbing it over a 6ft2 guys head is always fun.

And swimming, very relaxing
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking...a full days bedroom cardio...all good fun.

Plain old walking can't be beaten too, I love getting up early and walking around the local lake, starts my day right both physically and mentally.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I rock climb :) sometimes just do a bit of bouldering. It uses every muscle in the body and burns a super amount of calories :smiley: It's great fun too
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Nordic skiing, cycling, swimming in lakes, climbing and scrambling, hiking and backpacking.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I like long walks in a park beating a white ball (repeatedly) with a stick.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I pick a spot on the map (usually with a restaurant nearby) and ride my bicycle there and back.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I row (on a machine and on the water), run, and hike. Love all of it. I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Angall08 wrote: »
    Besides all the normal exercising you do. What kind of exercising do you do for fun that burns some calories. Such as sports, dancing, rock climbing, swimming, hiking, ...ect???

I ride a bike...I love riding a bike...it is my "normal" exercising. Other than that, I lift some weights a couple times per week...take the occasional hike...hit the climbing gym a couple times per month, etc. The vast majority of my "normal" exercising is "fun" recreational activity.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    My normal exercising is fun for me...I enjoy lifting weights and the competition of running (even if every training run is not fun). I also enjoy hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking, although I don't get to do alot of the latter two nowadays.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Hikings my go to activity. I live on the edge of the peak district so i can get out there most days of the week
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking and kayaking mostly.

Use to enjoy hiking in the summer but my hiking friend moved to Texas.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my regular exercise. So lifting weights and walking outside. But for super fun exercise I like dancing. Like all out, whip your hair, push yourself to the limit dancing.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Skiing
    An uphill climb
    Tennis or any other competitive sport
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Mountain biking - makes me feel like a kid again. Just something so much fun about riding a bike.

Ice hockey - heck of a workout and huge fun! Unfortunately, where I live now the closest ice rink is about 3 hours away. I really miss it - used to skate practice/pickup games 3-4 mornings a week, then one or two league games a week on top of that.