Help!

Options
Hey everyone,

I started out my new life style about four weeks ago - have lost 9 pounds so far but I am havinf a hard time feeling like it's making a difference in my appearance. I currently work out 4-5 days a week now and have been staying under my 1,700 calorie goal. I just would love to hear when others begin to see a difference? I know this is a lifestyle change and to get to where I want to be (100 pounds lost would be ideal) it will take over a year or two but I want to know when I can expect to really feel and see a difference in myself beyond the scale.... any words of motivation?

Replies

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Take photos, when you see yourself every day it's easy to not see the change. Also when you see a visible change will depend on where you are starting from
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have total over a hundred pounds to lose and it took at least 20 to make a visible difference
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    When you have more to lose, it might take a while to see results. But soon you will start to feel it. Keep going and you'll see, losing weight is very euphoric thing. :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Patience is the most important "muscle" to train :)
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Can't give you a time scale, all I can say is keep at it because if you keep doing the right things you WILL get there and it IS worth it.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I lost a total of 95lbs, and it took a good 25-30 before I really felt I looked different. I knew my pants weren't tight anymore, but it's really hard to detect changes in ones self by just looking in the mirror. People will start to comment, before you really start to feel it. Keep at it, it is totally worth it.