Exercise routines?

Options
Hi, I'm looking to start an at home workout routine. Currently back from college for 2 months working full time so getting a gym membership is out of the question. What are some routines I can do while at home that will give me results? I'm not big on cardio.

Replies

• cwsaipink
    cwsaipink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is going on YouTube and searching an at home variation of whatever I'm focusing on that day. There are a lot of great ones. Chloe ting and Whitney Simmons have fantastic at home work outs that'll get you surprisingly good. I'd also invest in a resistance band. It's not necessary but it def makes a difference, the ones at Walmart are like 9 bucks for 3.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Google bodyweight training and you will find some. Rubber bands, resistance bands are good. I would avoid programs marketed to women that "tone" some region of your body. You need a full body workout.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested fitnessblender.com to me, and I love it. There are a ton of workouts, of varying length, and a wide mix. And it's free! You can pay for "plans," where they pick workouts for you. But to just search workouts and play the workouts is free.
  • TheCalvinGaba
    TheCalvinGaba Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There are also tonnes of home routine on YouTube. Simply by searching '30 minute home routine' can give you a lot of options, weather you want to follow along as the video plays in the back ground or you want a list of exercises to do on you own. Best this is there are so many options you will find a personality you will like, which helps in keeping you motivated and trying more new things.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Unless joining a gym is not a financial burden don't use time as an excuse. There are plenty of people who work full-time jobs and still go to the gym. It's just a matter of allocating your time. I work full time when my daughter was young I coached softball and basketball for her and I still make time to go to the gym 3 times a week minimum
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    One other thing a lot of gyms give reduced rates to high school and college students during the summer. Typically that's when a gym is the less crowded cuz most people are outside
  • Decten1988
    Decten1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of way building your workout routine at home, you want to mix things up, or you're ready lifting weights. I have started reading weight training program from the internet, and good to understand.
    So for sure you can build one for yourself
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fitness buddy is a great app. Has workouts for cardio, weights, body resistance, etc. will even ask you if you're at home or the gym. It was a great starting point for me.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has tons
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell workouts all the way
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Some places will have a 1 or 2 or 3 month intro rate (they figure either the person pays the $99 or whatever and uses it and likes the gym- and then when it expires, they wind up paying the yearly + monthly fees, or the person stops going at some point and they have the rest of your $99 and an empty space for other customers). Many gyms are also willing to negotiate somewhat (the associates that sign people up to the gym are trying to earn their keep and don't want you saying no and walking out).

If you don't already have a routine (requiring expensive equipment) that you would like to continue, then try looking into bodyweight exercises.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in the same boat. She uses the Sworkit app on her iPhone. She loves it.
  • shannonernst80
    shannonernst80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YouTube Zumba routines. If you want results, you have to do cardio. So find something fun.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Beachbody fan here, in the last two weeks of p90x3 and it's been amazing!