Night Shift

Options
Any night shift tips on how to eat & incorporate into the app?

Replies

• ShadowsKeeper
    ShadowsKeeper Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work 6pm to 6am. I log my food and workouts midnight to midnight. "Breakfast" is simply the first meal I eat after midnight. If I know I'm going to have to be awake longer than usual or my sleep is going to be off I give myself permission to have that day be a cheat day. I don't go crazy but an extra small meal (200-300 cals for example) since I'm awake longer. This works for me for a couple reasons. First, like many night shifters, I may wake up or go to bed more or less than once per "day" so using the clock rather than wake times is just easier. Second, it helps keep me on track when I really want crap food at 2 in the morning! If I eat something high cal/low nutrition I'm going to have to work out extra hard and be extra careful for the rest of the day.
  • lost4words_ox
    lost4words_ox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work nights, but at multiple jobs, so sometimes i work 16 hrs in a 24 hour period. I also go midnight to midnight but if I work more than one shift I allow myself an extra 200-300 snack to account for the extra energy.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't work nights anymore (except on rare, on call occasions) but I still have my logging broken into time periods (0001 - 0400, 0400 - 0800, 0800 - 12 noon, etc). I never know if it's breakfast or lunch or what, I just log it into the time slot
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I work 2nd shift. I still consider my first meal "breakfast" even if I don't eat it until 2pm. I usually have a meal a couple hours after getting to work (5pm), a snack somewhere about halfway (7pm) through my day and my last meal a couple hours(930pm) before I leave work. I mostly do it this way because I go to the gym after work around midnight, it's nice to have some recent energy. Depending on calories and how tired I am, I might have a snack after the gym or just go to sleep.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My husband works 10pm to 8:30am, his first meal of the day is at 6pm. He just has his log set up as MEAL 1, SNACK 1, MEAL 2. He normally just eats two large meals and a small snack.