What's your actual goal weight?

Options

Replies

• fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    my goal wait per BMI charts says I should be 131 or less.
    I remember when I was in my 20's, I thought 130 was FAT for me.
    Now I'd be content to be between 135 and 139.
    currently between 147 and 150. I really need to exercise very day but that's not my habit ...
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Intial goal was 75kg. I'm on 75kg now and should be below it by the end of this week. Don't know what I'll do, might just keep going.

That's 165 pounds for the Americanos.
  • BerryDanish
    BerryDanish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I went for a nice round number within the BMI range on the premise that once I got within ten pound of that I could adjust it to how my clothes were fitting and how I felt. I know the BMI can be complete *kitten* so it's more of an arbitrary goal post that can move when I'm near it.
    Aiming for 150lb at 5'9 height, but got a long way to go to get there!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My initial goal which is how much i used to weigh before i gained all the weight is 48kgs. My hopeful goal is 45kg and my "i'm going to be ecstatic"goal is 43kg. All within normal limits for my height,but i feel 43 will look better .
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    So according to doctors it should be around 150. However when I get that thin I look scary. Like very scary. My husband says if I get that thin again he's force feeding me chocolate cake.

So a more realistic goal with my build would be around 170-ish. That would be losing most of the extra fat I have and keeping all the muscle I have.

Your husband isn't helping. Aim for what your doctor says, and reassess when you get to 170.
    You won't keep all the muscle as you are in a calorie deficit, but if you are heavy lifting, then you'll retain most.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So as this thread has stalled, how is everyone so far with meeting their goals?
  • amandapeters00
    amandapeters00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ideal would be 165. CW 170 after starting 2 months ago at 183. Even at 165 they say I am to heavy but I am 5'11" female. I have a bigger build so I hope 165 is where I will keep myself. It also depends on how I feel. I want to look good and feel good in my clothes, that is the most important to me.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'3" and my initial goal, based upon BMI charts, etc. was 125. I got there and was surprised at how fluffy I still was. Got down to 120. Still fluffy around the midsection. So, my current goal is 115. I've been lifting heavy for about four years now and I did not expect to need to get that low, but I guess a small frame is a small frame even with substantial muscle on it.
  • saheel97
    saheel97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'11 I started at 195. I'm at 182 after 4 weeks (a little faster then I want tbh) and my goal weight is 165
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    5'3.5. SW of 193 CW 160 GW of 128. I've been 145 before and looked good just a bit fluffy.

I'm a smaller frame with large hips, so I have no idea what I'll look like at my goal. Maybe I'll lose more, maybe I'll maintain there.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well, currently goal is 150. Considering I haven't been that weight since I was in elementary school I'm not sure what that looks like on me. I may go lower if I get there and I'm not good. It's more about feeling good and not the number.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Right now I'm maintaining (well recomping) at my goal weight of 127lbs (I'm 5'7") however I would actually prefer a higher goal weight with better composition, maybe something around 132lbs. But that will have to wait for a few bulk/cut cycles. Ahh well

Since this thread was revived, I figured I'd quote myself in an update. So I ran a bulk and I am currently cutting and I am around 134lbs. I am still cutting so I think I could reach my bodyfat goal at 132, so we will see! But I've decided I'm not done, would love to be 135-140 lbs ultimately.
  • idamgreen15
    idamgreen15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 230
    Goal Weight: 180 (FOR NOW)
    Eventually: 150 (Fingers crossed!)

I've lost 60 pounds before using MFP. I went from 255 to 195. I looked good even @ 195. I mean I felt good, got a few stares and whistles. (BTW that's totally motivating!) Then I fell in love. And the love of food also returned. So now that I've put on 35 unnecessary pounds I'm determined to get back down. I'd love to weigh 150. But realistically at the moment my goal is to be 25 pounds less than what I am. Then once there, another 25! Anyway GOOD LUCK everyone! :)
  • Sjoerringvej100
    Sjoerringvej100 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    under 200 lb I guess
  • darkd360
    darkd360 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The number floating around my mind is roughly 175, but all I want is to feel comfortable in my body. So whenever that happens, as long as I'm healthy.
  • smn888
    smn888 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think my doctor said I should be around 187 lbs. Well I have not been that weight since I was a teenager lol. I started @ 280... I'm 268 now... and I'm shooting for 200. I plan to stop @ 200 but who knows... I'll reevaluate when I get there, its a long way off yet so I'm not stressing the final number too much right now.
  • Fitfromfat17
    Fitfromfat17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would stop at 70 kg as I was okay with how I looked at that weight. However I'm 'supposed' to be 50-60 kg, so I'm aiming for that.
    Currently 97 kg so a looong way to go :)
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Goal weight: 136.
    Actual goal weight: 145. I'll be happy there.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    CW 138.5
    5ft 2"

I have a few goals. My first was to get to below 10st...done :)
    My next is to get to half a stone lost...0.5lb off that goal :)
    I then want to get to the high end of my BMI which will mean I am no longer 'overweight'...2.5lbs away from that goal :)
    I would like to stop somewhere between 126lbs and 130lbs. Feeling good :)

BMI Calculator says I should be between 101lbs and 136lbs..... 101 scares the hell out of me! Not been that weight since I was in school. I would never get down to that as I don't think it's healthy for me at all

Good luck to everyone...we got this!
  • MissRangersFan06
    MissRangersFan06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up on a number. I feel when I put that on myself I'm adding extra stress. When I feel I look good, I'll stop. The BMI scares me, I remember being in that weight range they want me in when I was very unhealthy. I'd rather be healthy and look good than hit a number I'm supposed to