Do you monitor your weight or your measurements??

Options
Or both.

If you weigh yourself what type of scale do you use or recommend? I'm watching both my measurements (waist, arms, chest, etc) and my weight but am looking for a good scale.

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    get a digital one that gives you a decimal reading.
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Basic digital scale, but the clohtes do all the talking!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I do both. Right now I just have a cheap analog scale that is weighing me 2 lbs lighter (so I have to remember if it says 160, I weigh 162)... would love a new fancy digital one that reads BF% and everything but can't find one that's "name" brand anywhere I go and I don't want to get one online. :\
  • boof1
    boof1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started with weight only but found that once I reached a certain weight it wasnt relevant, I now rely on measurements as lean muscle mass is an important factor that the scales dont show. Essentially if my measurements and overall look is what I want then who cares if the extra mass puts me a few kilos over my goal weight.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I measure every 3-4 weeks & I dont weigh myself very often. For me its more about how my clothes fit & size then weight.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do both. and I measure my waist and hips, as these are my "problem" areas. :)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do both, I weigh myself once a week and measure once a fortnight
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I bought a scale yesterday at Target for $30. it weighs you digitally and I think it also determines the water in your body and definitely your body fat. It's great!

I haven't measured yet... I don't think I will either.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I don't know what a fortnight is......... But I weigh myself once a week and I do my measurements about twice a month. I LOVE watching everything get smaller! It pumps me up!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I don't know what a fortnight is......... But I weigh myself once a week and I do my measurements about twice a month. I LOVE watching everything get smaller! It pumps me up!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I do both as I find it encouraging right now. I also have an analog scale that is way off-10 lbs heavy and getting on it if I can't get to the gym is not fun. I know I just subtract the 10 lbs, but it is nice to have the scale smile at me!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i have been trying to bulk..build muscle..

i usually measure myself to see if i'm making any progress..but i only do it every 6 months or so..since it takes so long to build any noticable muscle.
  • ShannBoogie
    Options
    I bought a scale yesterday at Target for $30. it weighs you digitally and I think it also determines the water in your body and definitely your body fat. It's great!

I haven't measured yet... I don't think I will either.

Ahhh, ok. I'll check out Target tomorrow for a digital scale.
  • ShannBoogie
    Options
    Basic digital scale, but the clohtes do all the talking!!

TRUE!!!
  • ShannBoogie
    Options
    Thanks you all for all of the valuable feedback!!!!
  • raure
    raure Posts: 6
    Options
    I definitely rely on measurements over weight. I work out a lot so I tend to gain muscle mass right along with shrinking fat stores. My size will look like I lost a noticeable amount of weight, but the scale will only be two or three pounds down from where I was.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, and my gym doesn't have a scale either. I bought a measuring tape yesterday, and I'm going to stick to measurements, and take them every 3 weeks.
    I'm more keen on how my clothes fit over a number on a machine.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day on a digital scale. I only log it on here about once a week though. I'm not obsessive, I understand that I fluctuate every day but it keeps me motivated. If I can see the beginnings of an upward trend then I get a lot more careful about what I eat. I also keep track of my measurements. I measure EVERYTHING....neck, arms, bust, chest, upper, middle and lower waist, hips, thighs and calves :tongue:
  • ShannBoogie
    Options
    Q
    I do both as I find it encouraging right now. I also have an analog scale that is way off-10 lbs heavy and getting on it if I can't get to the gym is not fun. I know I just subtract the 10 lbs, but it is nice to have the scale smile at me!

Subtracting would make ME smile! Lol.
  • LTAPLEY173
    Options
    I go by measurements ! my weight stays the same because I have built alot of muscle, but my measurements shows me shrinking in many areas.