Keto diet/ low carb/ high fat

Options
Hello!
How are all you keto-ers doing? I'm on day 4 and currently in the middle of carb flu

Replies

• kabbalahredstring1029
    kabbalahredstring1029 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Did you stick with keto? I'm in my first week and love it do far. I started on a low carb diet and gradually transitioned to keto. I don't even miss bread. It's great!! And I love the food.
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm two and a half weeks into paleo/keto (after only doing paleo for a year and a half). I broke a 2-month plateau and have lost 4 pounds so far! Hoping for continued success -- I'm planning on doing one month on and one month off until my wedding this fall.
  • sumkay02
    sumkay02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around this Keto thing LoL I'm going to do some research this weekend.

Any videos, websites, dumb-it-down-for-me advice anyone can give me? Thanks! :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group/p1

@Lexational ...just fyi, "Ketu Flu" is due to electrolyte imbalance. When you follow this way of eating your body requires a minimum of 3000mg-5000mg of sodium every day. Up your salt intake immediately. Eat pickles and/or olives. Drink pickle juice. Salt your food as heavily as you can stand it. Dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amout of water and drink 2 cubes per day.
  • PISTASZCZUK
    PISTASZCZUK Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi guys what do you consider low carb? How many mg a day?
  • mtague7733
    mtague7733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lexational, I'm in about 10 days and feel lethargic and have since day 4. I will follow Ladipoet's suggeztion and hope it helps, but i think i have been using alot of salt already......
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Keto dumps the sodium held in by excess glucose stores. Get your sodium up beyond what you think is necessary. 3tsp of salt is about 5-6g of actual sodium.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hi guys what do you consider low carb? How many mg a day?

@PISTASZCZUK Low carb is under 100-150g of carbs per day. A ketogenic diet is very low carb or 0-50g of carbs per day. Most start at around 20-30g.