Exercise Calories Question

Options
How many people actually eat all of there exercise calories and still lose weight? I feel full and satisfied after just eating my allotted calories before exercise calories factor in so I think it would be hard for me to eat them but if it will help me lose weight I will do it! Just curious!

Replies

• nkbrogan
    nkbrogan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cant eat all the extra exercise calories either but I dont think that you have too not sure though.
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hmm... I'm curious as well! I know I usually have between 50-300 calories left every day, whether they are exercise or not. I just started this weekend, but have been eating them, for the most part. I feel that you have to provide your body with the energy and nutrition. Take care of it, and it will take care of you :D
  • jessicajones1022
    jessicajones1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just adhere to my 1400 calorie rule. I tried eating all those calories once and I felt sick.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I do.. I eat at least half of my exercise calories and have lost 50lb.
  • dltang
    dltang Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try to eat about 1600 calories a day. I couldn't eat enough to eat back all my calories without getting sick I don't think. Also, I have a lot of weight to lose so I need some sort of calorie deficit in order to lose weight. I am eating fairly clean and pretty healthy and I know if I tire out to easily, I need more calories. If I go too far below my 1600 target, I don't have as much energy. That is just my own personal observations that are working for me.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    as long as you are in a calorie deficit of some kind, you WILL lose weight..even if you eat back those cals..but it will be slower and you risk the chance of over estimating exercise cals and underestimating cals eaten. which we all tend to do anyways.

but..there are NO rules that says you must or must not eat those. its up to you and how you feel.

plus the point of exercise is to burn calories. it doesnt boost your metabolism or anything like that..of course it makes you healthier through strength and reduced weight and increased endurance.