Life after cancer

Options
Hi,I am a cancer survivor of 6years now.I am trying to eat and stay as healthy as possible. what are some of the things you eat or do,in a day,to keep you healthy?I am always willing to learn something new.Hope everyone is having a nice day. :)

Replies

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Christine!!

My favourite new healthy thing is brown rice (I've always been a white rice person!) also I like to eat lots of veggies and beans and pulses, fish, tofu, fruit, eggs and organic yogurt.

Having said that I do also have rubbish days (today) where I get in from work and eats pile of junk! It's all a journey and at least I'm doing this less often now.

Good luck to you xx
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being cancer free. I am also cancer free but only for 7 1/2 months. I eat more salads, and vegetables, the past 3 years and less junk and smaller meat portions. I still don't care for brown rice, but not a big fan of rice in general.
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @christinecameron901 Congratulations!! :smiley: There are probably many websites and YouTube channels with recommendations on how to eat after cancer. Maybe you should consult a nutritionist who can personalize a diet for you based on what you like, and what your body needs right now? I personally just started Keto, but I don't know what impact that would have on a cancer survivor's body, so I cannot recommend it to you at this time. I would think that you would need to rebuild your body to fight future worries of the cancer returning, so I think a nutritionist is best. Your doctor(s) could probably recommend a good one. Best of luck to you, Christine :smile: Michelle
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My friend beat cancer when he was maybe 9. Think he has been on a diet of junk food and weed since he was 16 and healthier then ever at 26 now according to his doctor.

Anyways congrats, such a horrible thing to go through and I'm glad you beat it. Unless your doctor put you on a strict diet I imagine you could just eat any healthy meal you would like.
  • christinecameron901
    christinecameron901 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks, when I was first diagnosed I was in horrible shape,ate alot of fast foods and didn't take care of my body well.Idk if that was the reason I got cancer,but it didn't help.Now I try to make smarter choices. I have checked out you tube, and they have alot of good videos on it. :smile: