First day

Options
I've started my diet today and looking at loosing 4 st by august any suggestions how to do it with making my self poorly xx

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Eat food you like, log accurately and consistently, hit your calorie goal every day.

Oh, and you can't lose 4 stone in that time frame.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Adjust your expectations, the most you'll be likely to lose by August is maybe a stone and half, depending on how much water weight you drop at the start. If you're obese 2lb per week is a workable weight loss rate, but still will be tough going. Anything more than that, you will likely start losing significant amounts of muscle as well as fat and it's not a good look!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    August is 7 weeks away, which means you'd have to lose 8 pounds a week!

Take it slow and healthy. A crash and burn diet will do you no good. Don't give yourself a time frame- focus on 1-2 pounds a week and teaching yourself how to eat to maintain this lower weight for a lifetime.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I've started my diet today and looking at loosing 4 st by august any suggestions how to do it with making my self poorly xx

That is way to quick yolose 4 stone
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up to failure by having too aggressive a goal. That weight didn't happen in 7 weeks. It's not coming off that fast either.

Log accurately and consistently. Get a food scale. Be patient. Don't make it too hard.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You could chop your legs off. Apparently they're about 25lbs each.

To lose weight without detrimental effects (mental or physical), take it slow and steady. Set a reasonable rate of loss!