Need more motivation

Options
I'm looking for more friends that can help keep me motivated. I just started this week and so far I have been doing good. I feel as weeks go on I may need motivation to keep me going! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a person with 2+ years of experience on MFP and a great friends list, friends can provide support and may inspire you with their own efforts, but they can't provide your motivation. The good news is, good habits can be built and are more important than motivation anyway (like brushing your teeth). Welcome to MFP and wish you the best with your friend search :)
  • OaklandTeacher
    OaklandTeacher Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a member for a while but have started and stopped and restarted again. The good thing is, that time passes quickly, so over time I have lost 30 pounds. How much do you want to lose? Do you like music? Upbeat music helps put me in the mood to "move it to lose it."
  • OaklandTeacher
    OaklandTeacher Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was a cheerleader in high school. Sometimes I cheer myself on, "You can do it! You can do it! You can! You can!" Might sound silly, but I laugh then go watch and do Zumba on YouTube. Connect exercise to something you like to do. I like dancing and music. What do you like?
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Just keep on keeping on! You can adjust your calorie goals as you see fit.